PDA

View Full Version : Prop Help Please

epnault
07-31-2010, 09:52 AM
Well it finally happend to me last night. On the way back from dinnner last night, in the dark, I was cruising back to the boat launch and ended up in some weeds and quickly went to neutral. Well we must have coasted over a rock because 2 of my 4 blade tips are slighly folded over. I have two questions.

1. Where should I get a new propeller?
2. Can my current one be re-worked since the prop wasn't running when I hit the obstruction? If yes, where does someone get it re-worked at?

I own a 2002 Pro Star 209

CantRepeat
07-31-2010, 09:55 AM
http://www.ojprops.com/home

You'll have to send it in but they can most likely repair it.

epnault
07-31-2010, 10:09 AM
Thanks for the help. It looks like they work through a dealer channel and my mastercraft dealer is a dealer for OJ. So are OJ the OEM prop? Should I just buy it through my dealer?

CantRepeat
07-31-2010, 10:12 AM
Thanks for the help. It looks like they work through a dealer channel and my mastercraft dealer is a dealer for OJ. So are OJ the OEM prop? Should I just buy it through my dealer?

You can deal with your dealer if you like but OJ does deal directly to the public. You can call them and purchase new and then send your bent prop in for service and keep it as a back up. I now have three props for my boat.

OJ is probably the factory prop you have. You should be able to see O J stamp on the prop.

Service link for repairs.

http://www.ojprops.com/services

TLR67
07-31-2010, 10:45 AM
PM Eric here at OJ Props.... He will set you up...

epnault
07-31-2010, 10:54 AM
Thanks guys.

You have to help on a acronym. PM??:)

Jerseydave
07-31-2010, 11:11 AM
PM=private message

Eric @ OJ is great to work with. My prop got slightly bent this year so I sent it to OJ to have it reconditioned. Fast turn around time, perfect job! You should look into a spare prop if you want zero down time. Get a prop puller too if you don't have one already.

CantRepeat
07-31-2010, 11:46 AM
PM=private message

Eric @ OJ is great to work with. My prop got slightly bent this year so I sent it to OJ to have it reconditioned. Fast turn around time, perfect job! You should look into a spare prop if you want zero down time. Get a prop puller too if you don't have one already.

This is a must.

east tx skier
07-31-2010, 02:49 PM
[/SIZE]

This is a must.

Yeah, if he wants to repair it, I'd say so.

Ditto on the OJ recommendations if it's an OJ prop. They are fast, reasonable, and it will be as good as new for a little over $100 when all is said and done.

broncotw
07-31-2010, 04:01 PM
I agree.... Eric at OJ will hook you up!!! Very quick turn around time also......

kal_dude
07-31-2010, 06:06 PM
what prop is on your boat? i have the stock one from my 02 X-Star that i would sell. i could send it out monday if you want it?
give me a call
kal
262-968-2514 shop
414-801-0297 cell

epnault
08-01-2010, 11:51 AM
Thanks for all the help guys. I went to my dealer and got a puller and new prop. Funny, I was complaining about the dinner and drink prices Friday night. Needless to say it ended up being an expensive Friday night on the lake:). I will give Eric a call on Monday because I think my prop should be pretty easy to fix since the transmission was in neutral when I pumped the obstruction.