PDA

View Full Version : Sick!! Need some recommendations please!!

O_D_Y_S_S_E_Y
07-29-2010, 09:43 PM
Well here is the story. Out on the lake last weekend and my wife decides that her and a girlfriend are going to run to the marina and get something. I stayed at the house boat and when she came back I could tell something was wrong......:(. She had gotten the side of our boat into the rear end of anther boat :eek:... The metal ladder on the back of said back got into the side of our boat. So with that being said, does anyone have a guy they would recommend that can do these kinds of repairs (that you would use) in the middle TN area? I have looked around but with no luck finding anyone I trust to do it. Its an insurance job so price isnít really concerning I just want it back to the way it was... pics attached (Image is really close up the scratch is about 8" long)... and any help is greatly appreciated. :o..

Thanks,

brettmess24
07-29-2010, 09:50 PM
You did an insurance claim for that?

O_D_Y_S_S_E_Y
07-29-2010, 09:54 PM
Yea the guy she ran into said it bent his ladder and pushed his into the dock where it was tied off.. Then he started saying it bent his lower unit. So rather than deal with that I just turned it in.. So I figured I might as well fix mine on it as well...

brettmess24
07-29-2010, 10:12 PM
Wow what a mess. I'm willing to bet if you call your local dealer whomever they use will be your best bet and if you don't like it when it's done let your insurance rep know.

Bert
07-29-2010, 10:22 PM
Yea the guy she ran into said it bent his ladder and pushed his into the dock where it was tied off.. Then he started saying it bent his lower unit. So rather than deal with that I just turned it in.. So I figured I might as well fix mine on it as well...

Bent his lower unit? What a douche!!!

SKADMAN
07-29-2010, 11:29 PM
Brett's right. Took mine to the guy who does the dealerships work. He did an Awesome job & will use him again in the future for sure. Just check out his work on a boat he's just finished so you know what kind of job you'll be getting, you know.

Farmer Ted
07-30-2010, 12:30 AM
Well here is the story. Out on the lake last weekend and my wife decides that her and a girlfriend are going to run to the marina and get something. I stayed at the house boat and when she came back I could tell something was wrong......:(. She had gotten the side of our boat into the rear end of anther boat :eek:... The metal ladder on the back of said back got into the side of our boat. So with that being said, does anyone have a guy they would recommend that can do these kinds of repairs (that you would use) in the middle TN area? I have looked around but with no luck finding anyone I trust to do it. Its an insurance job so price isnít really concerning I just want it back to the way it was... pics attached (Image is really close up the scratch is about 8" long)... and any help is greatly appreciated. :o..

Thanks,

That's not that bad, you can't even see pink (when you see pink you're into fiberglass) that should be a snap to fix. just have your dealer do it

JimN
07-30-2010, 04:13 AM
So, go and bend his "lower unit". I assume that's a euphemism for something else, right?

Tell him that cast aluminum doesn't freakin' bend very well. If all you got was that scratch, his boat must be made of some cheap stuff.

93Prostar190
07-30-2010, 04:31 AM
Don't sweat the scratch it will be an easy fix and will look great.

O_D_Y_S_S_E_Y
07-30-2010, 05:04 PM
Thanks for the reassuring words guys. :) It does help to hear its not so bad... and yea he called on that following Monday and started going through the list they found at Stingray so I thought it would be easier for my insurance company to deal with, because I knew me and the guy wasnít going to see eye to eye :rant:... Anyhow, I have been looking around for a dealer but the only one that was close went out of business here last year (Performance Marine). I guess Ill have to take it to Knoxville. Again thanks for the comments guys....

joecarew3
07-30-2010, 05:51 PM
I would take a sledge hammer over to his house and ask if I could straighten that thing back out. What a douchefraba! My insurance is going to go up because of people like that!

Thrall
07-30-2010, 06:27 PM
No comment about the other boat's damage or lack thereof, but those ladders on sterndrives have a way of making those scratches when wives are at the helm!
My wife did the exact same thing to our '96 a couple years ago, except it was down to the 'glass.
It was a very easy fix, did it myself. Shouldn't be more than $3-400 for a shop to fix, considering I fixed mine in about 6 hrs and I did the repair twice (didn't like how it turned out the first time) plus filled and sanded several other random chips in the gel.

HDAVIS
07-30-2010, 08:31 PM
Call Rambo marine in Hazelgreen Alabama. They used to have a guy that was really good. I don't think he works there anymore, but they might be able to help. That is who I would call first.

YellowIH
08-07-2010, 12:54 AM
Aqua Sport Marine right at the Smithville exit is the "new" Mastercraft dealer. Call Greg, I'm sure they can fix it.

cbryan70
08-07-2010, 01:45 AM
i do not see how your boat could have bent his lower....i just cant see how your boat could even touch it unless he was trimmed all the way up....and even then it would not break it....the hydraulics maybe but not the lower unit.....if they replace his lower i will be SHOCKED as that is 6 to 8k. And i just do not see how it could happen. If he had a bent shaft from you you would have damage on your boat from his prop. anything else...wont happen.

B-rad
08-09-2010, 01:18 PM
Im not sure if your close but on Dale Hollow try Hilltop marine, they did some work on X-star and did A fantastic job.

tn-chuck
08-11-2010, 05:56 PM
I have used Kevin Killion at Pro Boat Repair in McMinnville,TN. A lot of the dealers in middle TN send their fiberglass work to him. 931-273-1622

O_D_Y_S_S_E_Y
08-11-2010, 06:33 PM
Thanks for all the information... I gave those guys at the new dealership a call... Aqua Marine... They donít do that type of work but Jeff (Mech) recommended me to Four Corners Fiberglass (David) the owner got me taken care of and they done great work... I will how ever have to remember the guy close to Dale Hollow as thatís more where Iím located... Thanks again for all of the quality information...