PDA

View Full Version : burned up ballast pump?

smoketu
07-28-2010, 10:26 PM
Alright here is my situation:I have an '04 x9 with sacks in rear and in ski locker. Over the winter I had the dealer plumb in a bow sack from the sack in the ski locker. So when I fill the center ballast it will spill over and fill bow sack and then vent out the side like normal. This setup has worked very well until last weekend. Soon as we launched that morning we kicked on both switches for rear and ski locker ballast. After several minutes didn't notice the cushions pushing up in the bow. We couldn't check the ski locker because I have an additional sack I fill manually that sits over the compartment. The light was lit on the switch and it worked when I flipped it to empty. So to save time we just manually filled the bow sack. At the end of the day we emptied all the ballasts which did except for the ski locker. Now I can't figure out why it didn't fill the bow sack and when we emptied everything it still left the ski locker full. I assumed when we switched to drain it would empty that center bag first and the bow would drain into it. So after that "gone with the wind version" do you guys think I have a pump out or an impeller or blockage somewhere? I also checked to see if I had any water running anywhere but never saw any.

vision
07-28-2010, 10:40 PM
Can you hear the pump run when you either fill or empty the center bag? If so, bad impeller is the most likely culprit. Pop off the cover (3 screws) to the ballast pump and see if the impeller is missing its spines. Easy to replace.

smoketu
07-28-2010, 11:34 PM
I hope that's all it is, I heard those are about 25 bucks. I had both pumps rebuilt over the winter, so I'd like to think that's all it is. I'm going tear into it this weekend.