PDA

View Full Version : Stalling Problems

simoja
07-28-2010, 12:50 AM
I have a 2000 Mastercraft X-star. My check engine light is on. It will stall out if I gun it from takeoff to pull someone up on the wakeboard. If i take off slow and get speed the boat will run just fine. All my gauges show to be fine. Any Ideals?

JimN
07-28-2010, 01:21 AM
I have a 2000 Mastercraft X-star. My check engine light is on. It will stall out if I gun it from takeoff to pull someone up on the wakeboard. If i take off slow and get speed the boat will run just fine. All my gauges show to be fine. Any Ideals?

Scan it for codes. Then, look for the problem. Look at all of the sensors for loose harnesses, especially the TPS (Throttle Position Sensor). This will show a 21 or 22 code if it has a problem.

Ethomass
08-24-2010, 06:47 PM
Did you ever find the solution to this? I am still having problems with the engine. When putting into gear it seems to stumble and will get up and run. Then getting on plane ~2000rpms the boat falls flat on its face.

2001 PS 205v

Ethomass
09-03-2010, 10:40 PM
Just to follow up to my last post. I checked the boat out, hooked up to a scanner. Turns out to be a MAP sensor. I am up and running looks like I have another month. Then winter time and also our first little one on the way. Hope he will be old enough to enjoy the boat in the spring. I just wanted to let people know the solution to my problem so if this topic is searched.