PDA

View Full Version : Wiring For Paddle Wheel -2004 X-Star

deminimis
07-26-2010, 01:12 PM
Got my new paddle wheel assembly finally. I'd like to run the new cable so as to completely replace the factory installed orig cable. The way it came, it had a sealed connector in the bilge to make swapping out the assembly easier by not having to pull the new cable all the way to the dash/instruments. I'd rather just pull the new cable and not worry about a built-in failure point in a wet bilge area. Sooo, I can't tell where the orig cable terminates under the dash. Any help/direction would be greatly appreciated. Its a '04 X-Star. Thanks!

André
07-26-2010, 01:15 PM
The end should be plug into the PP master control box.
I think the connecting ports are ID tag too...
Good call to change the wiring.:)

Edit:That was for after markets installs.Not sure if it apply to factory installs but i think so...

deminimis
07-26-2010, 01:26 PM
Thanks. Yea, not finding the box under the dash. Lots of wires going every which way, but no box and no transducer cable (that I can locate). On my setup, the lake temp readout is in the factory tachometer gauge. 'Tis confusing.

André
07-26-2010, 01:34 PM
Thanks. Yea, not finding the box under the dash. Lots of wires going every which way, but no box and no transducer cable (that I can locate). On my setup, the lake temp readout is in the factory tachometer gauge. 'Tis confusing.

That's why i love my "old" 94 ...;)