PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Capacity

ejkjell
07-26-2010, 01:59 AM
Equipment is a 2004 Mastercraft Prostar 197. The Owner's Manual states that the fuel capacity is 26 gallons, but the most I can ever get in the tank (even after inadvertently running it completely out of fuel) is 22 gallons. What gives?

Luckily my fuel gauge is working fine, but it would be nice to stay on the lake longer!

east tx skier
07-26-2010, 11:42 AM
Despite what the owner's manual says, you may have a 22 gallon tank.

kkkeating
07-26-2010, 12:04 PM
On top of the tank they'll be a stamp or designation that shows the size of the tank. Capacity could be 26 gallons, but due to placement of the fuel pump the pump may not be able to extract out all of the gas before the engine dies. Plus, during turns the gas would migrate to either end of the tank and starve the pump of fuel and there may not be enough fuel depth for the pump to start again.

Andyg
07-26-2010, 12:28 PM
This thread may help. You might have large air bubbles in the top of the tank not allowing to completely fill.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=4980

ejkjell
07-26-2010, 11:28 PM
Good stuff! I'll "throw my weight around" next time I fill it up, see if that helps. Unfortunately, that might not work while on the trailer. But at least it's only 4 gallons...