PDA

View Full Version : Need to replace water pump hoses on a 1985 with 351w Pleasurecraft.

68FastbackGT
07-24-2010, 04:44 PM
I need to replace the water hoses that connect the engine’s circulation pump to the connection at the top of the engine. Does anybody know of a good place to order these hoses?

These hose are straight and the same size at both ends (1 5/8”). I went to several car part stores, but they did not sell hose stock. I called up my local mastercraft boat dealer and several other boat stores, but they did not sell this size of hose.

Thanks

TLR67
07-24-2010, 04:48 PM
Take your old one off and I guarantee you can get a auto parts store to match it close enough for a trim to fit...

68FastbackGT
07-24-2010, 05:06 PM
Thanks TLR67.
I went to several auto part stores and did not have much luck. I purchased a straight fixable hose with the correct diameter at the end. After cutting it, I found the diameter in the middle of the hose was smaller. I looked through their selection of molded hoses and I was not able to find one that was the correct diameter and with enough straight hose on it to work. I may have to try several more automotive stores.

Cloaked
07-24-2010, 06:24 PM
I need to replace the water hoses that connect the engine’s circulation pump to the connection at the top of the engine. Does anybody know of a good place to order these hoses?

These hose are straight and the same size at both ends (1 5/8”). I went to several car part stores, but they did not sell hose stock. I called up my local mastercraft boat dealer and several other boat stores, but they did not sell this size of hose.

Thankscar parts stores are for...................cars...

Go here.

www.skidim.com (http://www.skidim.com)

Measure the hose lengths that you want and ask them to cut them to length for you.

Skipper
07-24-2010, 10:41 PM
Yes, SKIDIM can hook you up very easily. Great source for our parts. In a pinch, I found a wire reinforced water line for my 1987 PCM at a Car Quest. Inside diameter is the critical measurement when deciding which hose you need.

68FastbackGT
07-25-2010, 02:24 PM
Thanks guys.

I had gone to the boat stores first and was unsuccessful. I checked the web sight of several boat parts web sights, but I did not see things like hoses directly listed. Going to the car part store was just the next step. Car part stores use to sell radiator hose stock.

I looked again at skidim’s web sight and I now see a department for hose.

Thanks for your help.