PDA

View Full Version : 92 Prostar 190 Dash Replacement

prostar190jap
07-22-2010, 07:26 PM
I have searched the forum but couldn't find any information about a replacement dash for my 92 prostar 190. I have been thinking of building a new one out of fiber glass but I thought I would ask around first.

The gauge panel is falling apart and this last trip, one side broke off on the right. You can actually lift the right side of the dash like a hood and look inside. This makes for a very interesting ride. :D

Any suggestions would be great.

dfd22120
07-22-2010, 07:32 PM
Take a look at this, it may be what your looking for.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?p=597452

Skipper
07-22-2010, 08:57 PM
Not much chance of finding a '92 dash pod at any MC dealership parts departments. There is a possibility that a newer model pod would fit, just have to ask the boys at the parts shop. Another option is to use the existing dash pod as a mold to build a new dash pod. Sometimes you can find boats that are being parted out. But pretty much make a new one or rebuild the old.

oldairboater
07-22-2010, 11:08 PM
This is what I had made out of fiberglass on my 93 Prostar.

DooSPX
07-25-2010, 10:43 PM
oldairboater, would you like to make me one? that is great!!!

oldairboater
07-25-2010, 11:01 PM
I don't have the talent to do that dash. I had it made and I paid for it. I have friends who do fiberglass work for a living. They made it--it wasn't cheap. One off custom piece but I still had to fit it and makes brackets. I recommend finding someone near you so you can one on one this piece.oldairboater, would you like to make me one? that is great!!!

prostar190jap
07-29-2010, 10:10 PM
Thanks for the advise guys. I think I might try looking for an replacement dash pod from a newer MC or maybe even having one made out of fiber glass.

Thank again.

DooSPX
07-31-2010, 11:35 PM
I don't have the talent to do that dash. I had it made and I paid for it. I have friends who do fiberglass work for a living. They made it--it wasn't cheap. One off custom piece but I still had to fit it and makes brackets. I recommend finding someone near you so you can one on one this piece.

thank you for the response. your guy is very good, that thing is sweet!

College Kid
03-18-2012, 05:11 PM
Any luck on finding a new style dash that fits the opening? It would be great to to have a cross reference list just in case.