PDA

View Full Version : Engine bogs down

aschedw
07-05-2005, 02:05 AM
I have a 96 205v with a 350 EFI engine. When I give it throttle , it will speed up to a certain point then it feels like the engine bogs down when I go over that point. I have replaced the plugs, wires, distributor cap, rotor and fuel filter. I do not see or smell gas when it bogs down, but it is getting worse. However yesterday after running for over an hour it went to full throttle with no problems. Then later after being stopped for a while and run for 1/2 hour it would not go abiove 3200 RPM's. The boat is garaged and the fuel is toppped of each day to eliminate moisture problems. Thanks for your help.

Bill
07-05-2005, 08:42 AM
Had the same problem a month or two ago, replaced the fuel pump and it has run great since then. I would check the screen back in the fuel tank before replacing the pump just to make certain there is nothing clogging up the flow of fuel from the tank. Good luck.

bigmac
07-05-2005, 09:22 AM
I have a 96 205v with a 350 EFI engine. When I give it throttle , it will speed up to a certain point then it feels like the engine bogs down when I go over that point. I have replaced the plugs, wires, distributor cap, rotor and fuel filter. I do not see or smell gas when it bogs down, but it is getting worse. However yesterday after running for over an hour it went to full throttle with no problems. Then later after being stopped for a while and run for 1/2 hour it would not go abiove 3200 RPM's. The boat is garaged and the fuel is toppped of each day to eliminate moisture problems. Thanks for your help.Those are exactly the same symptoms I had as my fuel pump was dying on my 2004 Maristar.

André
07-05-2005, 10:59 AM
Thereis also a screen at the fuel pump inlet.Mine was clogged,same symptoms...

jimmer2880
07-05-2005, 01:34 PM
just replaced my fuel pump last week for the same problem. It'll hurt though - $270.00 for a fuel pump