PDA

View Full Version : Upolstery Replacement?

tlightner
07-20-2010, 09:27 PM
I have a 1990 210 Maristar and it's time for an upolstery renewal after 20 years. Does MasterCraft make skins for replacement and if not does anybody have suggestions? Thanks!

Jorski
07-21-2010, 09:04 AM
MC does not make them anymore. Choices include a former MC employee who makes replacement skins (ATLFootr has his contact info embedded in his posts), CopyCat Covers(seems to have been mixed results with these guys, mine turned out great...there is a thread where it didn't turn out well)...or a local trim shop.

atlfootr
07-21-2010, 09:14 AM
Thanks Jorski ....

NEW SKINS ...
Jim - "Upholstery Guy"
(865) 995 0607
(865) 679 2246 Cph

TLR67
07-21-2010, 09:37 AM
Yep The Ole Mighty Rob Scott got his done where I took mine as well... Jim does an outstanding Job... I got mine done over a decade ago and its still looking good and holding up well...

tlightner
07-24-2010, 12:03 AM
Thanks for the help to all. Our boat is like our child and we want the best for it. Sounds like Jim is the go to Man for some new skin. I'll give him a call.

Luv2Ski
07-26-2010, 12:15 PM
Don't forget about these shops if you are near TN, both tend to get very positive reviews:

Leading edge: http://www.lemarineinteriors.com/

Viper Customs: http://vipercustoms.com/

search for either on the forums and you will find several sets of pictures and reviews. I had recent experience with Viper and would probably start with Leading Edge if I did it again. Viper did great work, just took longer than promised (I did catch them at the peak of the spring season though). I plan to put up pictures and a better review in the next few days.

TLR67
07-26-2010, 12:25 PM
There is a good Chance that Jim was the one that actually did the upolstry in your boat.. He told me he did mine when I took it to him.. He could tell by the staple patterns...

76S&S
07-26-2010, 01:24 PM
When dealing with Jim what do you have to send him.............just the skins or what?

TLR67
07-26-2010, 01:30 PM
When dealing with Jim what do you have to send him.............just the skins or what?

I actually drove everything to him... Rear seat, Arm rest, Passenger seat, front seat, side panels and engine box from Atlanta.. I will admit when I showed up and saw a Mobile Home with Boat upolstry all on the outside I was a little skeptical.. However once in his small shop I knew I was at the right place.. He had mine done in less than a week but that was a long long time ago.. I am glad to see he is still alive and well..

jasonba1
07-26-2010, 05:23 PM
Viper, leading edge and jim will all do great work. I have used Viper customs and leading edge on 2 projects and was very very impressed with both I would call all three and get quoted I know viper has a lot of the older vinyl for mc's