PDA

View Full Version : Pop Up Cleats

Andyg
07-19-2010, 10:12 AM
I have pop up cleats on my 2008 PS197 and last weekend when I was cleaning out the storage/ski locker in the back I notice a nut and washer in there that had come off. I found that they had come off the pop up cleat and the the other nut was also loose. I tightened them by hand. but couldn't get a wrench up under the gunnel to tighten them. Anyone know what size socket fits these nuts? The boat is three hours from me so I can't check them.

Here is a photo of the cleats that I have on my boat.

Thanks

Andyg

Andyg
07-19-2010, 10:21 AM
I found it. TMCNO1 had it further down in his how to install these post and I didn't see it the first time. 1" is the size for anyone that cares.

Sodar
07-19-2010, 10:24 AM
Yeah, 1" is the right size. I had a hard time getting a crescent wrench onto the nuts, so I bought a 1" box-end and cut it with a grinder to make it a stubby. It worked well. I also threw some anti-seize on the threads for the heck of it.

coz
07-19-2010, 10:34 AM
If found it. TMCNO1 had it further down in his how to install these post and I didn't see it the first time. 1" is the size for anyone that cares.

Those are the lock nuts that came with them? I don't have the MC pop ups but I do have pop ups and they came with nylon lock nuts....maybe get those to replace those cheap serrated face lock nuts, the nylon doesn't back off.