PDA

View Full Version : Accident at our lake

ahhudgins
07-18-2010, 10:48 PM
I've been at Leesville Lake VA for about 26 years and this is the first accident that I know of. Our lake has very little traffic so it's rare that there is even a near miss. Throw in some alcohol and things take a turn for the worse. I'm not going to say much, other than the two parties involved knew each other, the accident is under investigation, and luckily there were no serious injuries. I know nothing about the boat that ran over top of the Chaparral. The Chaparral actually sank on the shoreline as it was being towed back to the marina. Our water level drops on Sunday, so the boat was out of the water and the Game Warden was able to tow it back to the marina by placing some flotation under the split in the swim platform. If the boat had ran down the middle of the Chaparral things could have turned out a lot worse.

Willski
07-19-2010, 12:38 AM
Glad to hear no one was seriously hurt. IMO people need to just watch closer driving a boat. You see so many boat drivers not paying attention. You wouldn't drive your car facing backwards for minutes at a time!

SunCoast 83
07-19-2010, 03:50 AM
What was the other vessel involved?

ahhudgins
07-19-2010, 09:31 AM
What was the other vessel involved?

All I know is that both parties involved knew each other and alcohol was involved. The other boat left the scene for obvious reasons. I guess once they figured out that no one was seriously injured, they decided to avoid any jail time on the spot. It will all come out in the wash.

Skipper
07-19-2010, 06:21 PM
Alcohol was involved? No way! Whoodathunk you could sit at the lake all day consuming large quantities of booze, then something bad would happen when operating a boat at high speed? Probably just mechanical failure.

ski_king
07-19-2010, 06:50 PM
Alcohol was involved? No way! ........... Probably just mechanical failure.

Or he swerved to miss a deer.......

psychobilly
07-20-2010, 07:57 AM
Or he swerved to miss a deer.......

HAHAHAHA you mad a funny again :-)

JimN
07-20-2010, 09:04 AM
I think the drivers were texting.:rant:

nicoledc109
07-21-2010, 11:48 PM
I think the drivers were texting.:rant:

I also think so.

ahhudgins
07-22-2010, 11:37 PM
The two parties involved knew each other and they were both drinking. The news paper makes it sound like the offending boat driver just took off after it happened, but I have first hand information that once they determined that no one was seriously injured, he just left the scene because of the alcohol involved. They still didn't say what type of boat it was, all I know is that is was another I/O.....a "power boat" to quote the paper. Those evil POWER BOATS!! It's just like when a person is involved in an accident while they are driving a SUV. The news always says "The SUV ran into another vehicle....." No, the driver drove the SUV into the other vehicle.

http://www2.newsadvance.com/news/2010/jul/21/charges-pending-leesville-lake-boat-crash-ar-345239/