PDA

View Full Version : In tank gas line

jstreeter
07-18-2010, 07:20 PM
I need new gas line for between the the fuel pump and regulator where can I find some?

Nvrgvup
07-18-2010, 07:34 PM
If it is just rubber line you can get that at any auto parts store in bulk. If you have fuel injection just make sure you get fuel injection line not just plain fuel line for carborated engines which is rated for a lower working pressure.

jstreeter
07-19-2010, 08:08 AM
There was a plastic line origionally, I tried getting regular gas line but it got eaten up by gas and got a hole in it.

TLR67
07-19-2010, 08:49 AM
Get Good Year Fuel Injection Hose from Autozone....

JimN
07-19-2010, 09:42 AM
There was a plastic line origionally, I tried getting regular gas line but it got eaten up by gas and got a hole in it.

Why did you need to replace it?

That wasn't gas that caused the hole, it was the pressure. Your pump puts out a lot more pressure than regular fuel line can handle and you need the OEM part. A pinhole leak will cause enough gas to spray out that it's a real danger.

jstreeter
07-19-2010, 06:47 PM
I did some research and found that there is gas line that is meant to be submerged in gas and it must have a sae30r10 rating. the price goes from 2.99 per ft for fuel injection hose to 25.00 per ft. I am going to use this but I would still like to find the plastice line that was used origionally.

jstreeter
07-19-2010, 06:50 PM
I had to replace fuel pump like everyone else. Since my gas gauge said 3/8 of a tank when it was empty. When I replaced the pump I notice the plastic line was bent in a few spots and looked like it might restrict gas flow.