PDA

View Full Version : Captain Chair unscrewed

cinayw
07-14-2010, 08:36 PM
In our 1992 Prostar 190 the screws holding the captains chair down to the boat have become loose. After trying to screw them back in, it is apparent that the holes are stripped out or have become too big.

There are (4) screws, with "shaped washers." The screws are ~2" long and fairly big (10#?). Should I merely get screws with a bigger diameter and hope they catch in the hole? It appears they are going into metal (except the one closest to the center of the boat which goes in the wooden subfloor).

Any advice is appreciated.

cadi1@charter.net
07-23-2010, 07:05 PM
Try marine epoxy in the holes, let dry and rescrew them back in. Worked awesome for me!

cf_koch
07-23-2010, 07:30 PM
A marine epoxy puddy (such as MariTex) would work very well. Dryes and can be drilled in about 15 minutes.

Bert
07-23-2010, 09:26 PM
In our 1992 Prostar 190 the screws holding the captains chair down to the boat have become loose. After trying to screw them back in, it is apparent that the holes are stripped out or have become too big.

There are (4) screws, with "shaped washers." The screws are ~2" long and fairly big (10#?). Should I merely get screws with a bigger diameter and hope they catch in the hole? It appears they are going into metal (except the one closest to the center of the boat which goes in the wooden subfloor).

Any advice is appreciated.

My chair has "eight screws" four front and four rear. Does yours only have four total?

TLR67
07-24-2010, 06:24 AM
I drilled 8 More in mine... Looks factory...