PDA

View Full Version : Check engine light not turning off during operation

mckdcr7
07-13-2010, 09:16 PM
Hi,

I own a 2001 19 skier with a 310 Predator engine. The boat was struck by lightning last year...long story short, I replaced the computer and brought it to an authorized MC dealer. Although there are no codes that show up on the dealers computer to indicate a problem, the check engine light will not go out during boat operation. The dealer technician has no clue on how to fix it.

The boat runs great and the dealer has confirmed no issues with the engine, however, having the check engine light on all the time defeats its purpose.

Anyone have an electrical schematic or any ideas on how to turn it off? Yes, I disconnected the battery for a day. Are there fuses embedded somewhere in the engine that I am missing?

Thanks for any help,
Steve

mckdcr7
09-09-2010, 09:23 PM
I found the problem....the computer that I originally replaced was the MDC-1600 Computer located underneath the dash board, which controls most of the gauges. I did some research and found that the engine has its own computer. I replaced that ($977) computer...did the trick...no more check engine light on during operation....YES!

Moral of the story...lightning strikes cost a lot of time & money to solve!

Steve

joecarew3
09-10-2010, 01:22 AM
Glad to see you got it fixed. I would have had no clue, would have thought someone else on here would have helped out with this one... maybe you stumped them all!