PDA

View Full Version : Water spots on hull, scrape off

93Prostar190
07-13-2010, 02:22 PM
Hi everyone, I know alot of threads have covered this topic and I wanted to just get an update from you fine MC boating types.

On the BOTTOM (not on the sides) of my hull of my 2008 214, I have some rust spots ... they look like dried water spots with a hint of orange (I have a white bottom) .... they scrape off with my finger nail ..... light scrape works well .... but I am not sure which product to apply to remove them all ... a light wax/cleaner from 3M of Megiaurs seems to get rid of most of the spot but it leaves the outline of it.

I have not attacked them yet with alot of effort wondering what you guys think I should try.

A. Just scrape them all of with my fingernails?
B. Some kind of hull cleaner like from Star-Brite?
C. Cleaner/wax?
D. any other ideas?

I do not get these on the side of the boat (which is trailer kept and rinsed after all uses, mostly washed and dried) .... I wonder if my wax job n the bottom of the boat is not as good as the sides? or I don't dry the bottom off well enough.

Anyways please weigh-in.

Thanks in advance,

flipper
07-13-2010, 02:28 PM
Babes products work pretty good.

sand2snow22
07-13-2010, 02:34 PM
Hull cleaner or Babes spot remover. Leave the Babes on for 1 minute, then try to remove the spots.

Patrick Hardy
07-13-2010, 02:42 PM
Babes products work pretty good.

Hull cleaner or Babes spot remover. Leave the Babes on for 1 minute, then try to remove the spots.

I have used Babes in the past. But the smell that I got from the use of it almost made me sick. Is this usual with the product ? Or did I just get a bad bottle of Babes ? It seems to work good...But the smell ?

sand2snow22
07-13-2010, 03:06 PM
Babes boat bright smells great! Hull cleaner, not so much. I think it's similar to vinegar. I just used it last night and didn't notice the smell at all.

I recently used a strong hull cleaner, very acidic and I should have used a respirator b/c if you got a wiff, it burned your lungs:(

Patrick Hardy
07-13-2010, 04:11 PM
I must have got a bad bottle then, the stuff smells like the worst case of rotten eggs, I have to use it only outdoors and then it is still terrible.

TX.X-30 fan
07-13-2010, 04:27 PM
Babes boat bright smells great! Hull cleaner, not so much. I think it's similar to vinegar. I just used it last night and didn't notice the smell at all.

I recently used a strong hull cleaner, very acidic and I should have used a respirator b/c if you got a wiff, it burned your lungs:(

That's it just like the bag hagging in granny's bath.