PDA

View Full Version : Silent Master (1990) Blown for the last time

alsent
07-13-2010, 03:45 AM
I need to find a new/used, in expensive silent master to replace mine. I have repaired both sides, one of them 3 time, and I am done with this unit. Does anyone have one laying around that has not blown the end caps off? I am in Nor-Cal and on a tight budget for the rest of the Summer. Thanks in Advance, Ken ALSENT1@hotmail.com

TLR67
07-13-2010, 08:06 AM
Mine broke the first Month I had my boat 1990... I got some longer tubes and simply ran straight exhaust.. Its not that much louder beleive it or not...

alsent
07-13-2010, 03:08 PM
Do you remember the dimensions, insde / length. I may just go that route aswell, I just want to get a price on the hose. Thanks, Ken

TLR67
07-13-2010, 04:52 PM
Do you remember the dimensions, insde / length. I may just go that route aswell, I just want to get a price on the hose. Thanks, Ken

Take one of the sleeves off and you will have to measure from Manifold to exit... Its like 2 Ft or so... I can measure for you tomorrow night when I head out on the Lake... I got the Tubing from Home Depot too... Its held up Fine...

zekedog
07-13-2010, 06:17 PM
My local marina had a 4ft piece laying around and gave it to me. Make sure you use double clamps on each end. I'm running straight pipes on my 91 PS190 351 Indmar. A bit startling at first then you get used to it. Nobody is complaining. Check your local laws first for marinas and waterways. I think some areas make it mandatory to have mufflers.

alsent
07-13-2010, 06:23 PM
Thanks, I will Measure and be sure to double clamp

etduc
07-13-2010, 07:04 PM
Thanks, I will Measure and be sure to double clamp

exhaust manifold is 3" There was one on ebay. I have a pair of individual. I listened to Kyle's boat, couple of weeks ago (he used pvc) wasn't that loud. It suprised me. Only concern I have with pvc is cracking.