PDA

View Full Version : Made a Pylon..

Sledneck
08-20-2004, 09:26 PM
Well I madea pylon today.. Cost me less than $50, and looks as good as the skylon I used as a template IMO.. Check it out..

The Skylon in the pics of my boat was a loaner, I had to give it back

MarkP
08-20-2004, 09:39 PM
Sledneck, SWEET!! Looks good..:headbang:

How about the play by play??:popcorn:

MarkP
08-20-2004, 09:45 PM
Oh NO!! :eek: :eek3:

Sledneck!!! We have been through this before. I think it was with an old sock..

Tell me thats not YOUR ballet slipper in that shot:uglyhamme

Sledneck
08-20-2004, 11:17 PM
Sorry, the one's I wear for ballet are pink.. ;)

And mind the 2" stickin' off the eye bolt, the pic was taken before I got around to cutting it off..

Pretty simple I took a 6' (2.5" inner diam.) pipe, drilled a hole in it, spun that end peice out of a 3" alumin. stock (ok so you may not be able to 3" alumin for chea, but I've got good resources) it doesn't look long but it's actually about 18" goes way down in the pole.. Slid the end peice in the pole drilled through the alum, put the eye bolt through the pole and alum. peice. Made the guide cable w/ coated aircraft cable 80" and that's it! Bobs your uncle, you just saved a small fortune..

My jaw just about hit the floor when I went into the local shop and saw what they wanted for one of these, so I opted to fab something up, so far so good, some water time will tell though.!

I'll post some pictures of 'er in action Sunday night..

MarkP
08-20-2004, 11:54 PM
I like it. That is a hell of an end piece.. Is that steel pipe? I would love to do stuff like that but my lathe is for wood.

I got one of those poles with my boat. Havenít had it up on the water yet, but I will. Guess I have to get one of those Wake Boards first.

Looking forward to the action shots..

MarkP
08-21-2004, 12:11 AM
Sledneck,

Do you intend on using a bow strap with your pole or how do you plan on installing your equipment? The reason I ask is when I got my Fat Pole with no instructions I called the company to clear a few things up. They expressed how important the bow strap is.

I donít know if this page will come up with this link but this is the installation instructions that they strongly suggested I follow.
http://www.skylonsports.com/pdf/2fatpole.pdf
You may already know all of this and if you do, ah, um, never mind:o

Be safe and have fun:headbang:

tall_ andy
08-21-2004, 09:56 AM
Mark,
Thanks for posting that link, I got my skylon with the boat, and just kinda guessed about proper use. I guessed right!!! Anyway its nice to have more confidence next time I use the skylon.

NatesGr8
08-21-2004, 04:27 PM
Very nice pole :eek: I have made one of my own as well and it works great. I made it with stuff from home depot and my local marine store and it too cost less that $50. Hopefully i'll have some pics up some time soon.

MarkP
08-21-2004, 07:19 PM
Andy

I did the same thing too, (guessed correctly). I just wanted to be sure.

Nate sounds cool. Get them photos:toast:

BriEOD
08-21-2004, 08:47 PM
Looks good.