PDA

View Full Version : Lost Power

TylerMC
07-11-2010, 11:15 AM
I just bought a 2006 Mastercraft X15. We took it out yesterday and it runs great until we hit a big wave or get any kind of jolt. When we do, the check engine light comes on and the motor goes to idle. I can turn the motor off and restart and everything goes back to normal. I checked the battery cables and ground and everything is tight. Any ideas on what to check next? Could this be a TPS issue?

Engine Nut
07-11-2010, 11:40 AM
Check to maksure that the plug that attaches to the throttle body is tight. Unplug it and plug it back in and make sure that it snaps into place. We have seen that in some boats there is a part of the boat cushion assembly that is very close to that connector and under certain conditiona pushes on it and breaks the connection.

I just bought a 2006 Mastercraft X15. We took it out yesterday and it runs great until we hit a big wave or get any kind of jolt. When we do, the check engine light comes on and the motor goes to idle. I can turn the motor off and restart and everything goes back to normal. I checked the battery cables and ground and everything is tight. Any ideas on what to check next? Could this be a TPS issue?