PDA

View Full Version : How about a Wakesurfing Forum???

madmuffin
07-11-2010, 12:54 AM
Anyone notice that "wakesurfing" is homeless here on Teamtalk? In the Watersports section, we have "Wakeboarding & Wakeskating" and "Waterskiing & Barefooting" (not even sure how many barefooters there are out there...). There is "Other" but is Wakesurfing still that low on the scale here at MC? No home for Wakesurfing? It's not going away so let's make a place (forum) for it ;)

madmuffin
07-11-2010, 01:40 AM
Read my post and hope I don't offend any barefooters out there. Not my intention at all so my apologies to you. Wakesurf threads seem to be all over the place on Teamtalk and it'd be nice if MC created a sub-forum for wakesurfing to gather them all.

Yellow X9
07-11-2010, 07:50 AM
+2.........

tex
07-11-2010, 10:56 AM
They could put next to the kneeboarding thread!

tex
07-11-2010, 12:12 PM
They could put next to the kneeboarding thread!

Sorry...that was the old man in me talking!

coz
07-11-2010, 12:36 PM
Sorry...that was the old man in me talking!

Or an old die hard show skier....one of the two :D

Where is the kneeboard section anyway? :confused: We could also use a foil section too.

madmuffin
07-12-2010, 12:24 AM
When I'm on the lake, I see a lot of wakeboarding, waterskiing and wakesurfing. Wakeboarding is number one on the lake. New from Mastercraft this year - surf tabs and extra plug-and-play ballast systems. A lot of investment and innovation for a passing phase or small-time watersport... Don't see a lot of kneeboarding but have one and the kids love it. :)

tex
07-12-2010, 06:32 AM
When I'm on the lake, I see a lot of wakeboarding, waterskiing and wakesurfing. Wakeboarding is number one on the lake. New from Mastercraft this year - surf tabs and extra plug-and-play ballast systems. A lot of investment and innovation for a passing phase or small-time watersport... Don't see a lot of kneeboarding but have one and the kids love it. :)

That was a joke!

Gofast
07-14-2010, 04:53 PM
This is a serious matter ( thats a joke too )

Agree, spent a lot of time searching on surf related stuff.

This is something I scoffed at for a couple of years, just like I scoffed at the wakeboard stuff when I was into running the course. Sold the Prostar, went to a Vdrive Maristar, and now I'm looking at newer Surf specfic , wakeboard second type boat.

Maybe expand the title on one of the existing froums to include Wakesurf.......

As a side note...yes the kneeboard is in the garage, next to the tube. I try to avoid both if possible, but it's about the kids having fun.

Rob

Dad 2 3
07-14-2010, 08:11 PM
+3.... I would like to see wakesurfing have its own category.

TN X-45
07-18-2010, 11:23 AM
Im with you!!

toddbd01
07-20-2010, 04:44 PM
I'm for it...trying to find out how to set up an X2 for max wake...might look in the wakeboarding section.

TLR67
07-20-2010, 04:50 PM
You might not see the Barefooters on the Lake because your still sleeping!! The Few, The Proud, The Lunatics... I am proud to be one... Now Carry On....

madmuffin
07-29-2010, 01:36 AM
Could be true, I tend to oversleep on the weekends (surfing til the sun goes down) and may miss all that goes on in the morning. Sure do hear those bass boats zipping by past my cabin though! ;)