View Full Version : Ballast Bag Keeps Emptying

07-02-2005, 11:04 PM
Still pretty new to my 2000 PS 205V. Just completed my first 10 hours today. I have the ballast bag that runs down the center of the boat (where the ski locker is). The bag seems to fill OK. After a few minutes however, the bilge pump comes on (I keep it in Auto when on the lake) frequently and pumps quite a bit. After 3 or 4 cycles, I look at the ballast bag, and its pretty empty. If I refill bag, same thing happens. If I do not refill the bag, the bilge pump runs much less frequently.

Have I got a leaky bag? How could I test the bag (fill with air?)? Bad connector? Could it be a faulty bilge switch causing the bag to empty? Does the bag normally empty through the bilge hole? Thanks for any suggestions about what to look at first, second etc.

07-02-2005, 11:35 PM
There was a thread started about this same thing not to long ago. I am not computer literate enough to post a link. But you can find it under Watersports then Wakeboarding/Wakeskating. I think it was titled "05 X2 Ballast Locker Problem". Hope you can get some questions answered there. Good luck. :)

07-03-2005, 11:23 AM
Hey NewbieMastercraft, here's a link to the other thread: http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=3468&highlight=Ballast

We just had the new center ballast bag installed last week, haven't had a chance to try it out yet. We'll be heading out here in a bit for the rest of the weekend, so I should be able to let you know how it worked out by Monday night or Tuesday.

07-03-2005, 12:05 PM
I believe that thre are three connections for the bag.

One for fill.
One for empty.
One for vent.

I would guess that either the empty or the vent has come loose. I would try filling the sac then try emptying it immedatley. If the pump to drain the sac works, then I would think it is the vent hose. On mine there is a combination of both quick connects and brass fittings.