PDA

View Full Version : Calrion XMD3 Help

CaptnKeith
07-09-2010, 11:54 AM
So, I have had this head unit for about five years. I have tried a few times to make my iPod play through it, without success.

I have a cable with RCA connectors plugged into the back of the unit, it has a mini plug on the other end for the iPOD. The cable is desinged for use with an iPOD.

Basically, I have two issues:

1. I only get sound from the "front" speakers
2. the head unit does not adjust the audio - balance, volume, fade, effects ... are all useless; the only way to adjust volume is with the iPOD itself

Any ideas?

Sodar
07-09-2010, 12:05 PM
Need more info.

Your RCA to 3.5mm jack is connected to the AUX input on the Headunit?

Just an FYI... if you plug the iPod in using the head phone jack, the volume will be controlled on the iPod itself. If you want to get a line out on the iPod, you will need to get a connector that uses the dock connector or use the dock itself with the 3.5mm jack connected to the dock.

NeilM
07-09-2010, 11:19 PM
I'm assuming everything else about the stereo works fine?

1. This may sound obvious, but make sure the RCA ends are plugged into Aux In.. There are a lot of plugs on the back of the XMD3.

2. Try a different cable, or test that cable on a different amp. I've had bad cables before

3. Check AUX IN sensitivity. Hold down the T button for one second or more, then press << or >> until you see "Aux Sens".
then press up or down to select High Med or Low sensitivity.

We use nothing but the ipods on our XMD3 these days... the unit is definitely capable of it.