PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye, Adios, Don't Let The Door Hit You On The Way Out LeBron!

jkski
07-09-2010, 11:44 AM
I am not one to normally comment or start a thread along these lines, but seeing as how "The Decision" has dominated the Ohio news lately I thought.....what the heck.

I would like to offer my help to LeBron in packing up his stuff and loading the truck to leave the area. It's not that a player can't leave it is the classless way that he chose to do. Whether it was Cleveland or any other city, the self-centered circus show was just wrong.

I for one like the fact that Cavs owner Dan Gilbert came out and simply fired away, is it fact, you be the judge but I doubt anyone can deny that the entire team, including LeBron simply stopped playing the final 2 minutes of their last game.

One thing that gets under my skin is the sense of entitlement that all of these pro's have and understandably, we all feed into it even by typing this message I am further allowing it to continue. For once, it would be nice to hear one of these players touch base with reality and understand that it is a "GAME" they are getting paid ridiculous sums of money to play. A game that they once played in their driveway for the pure fun of it but now it has become a "Business." Yes, this is their livlihood and yes they probably made some sacrifices to get to where they are but so have the doctors, factory workers, etc. of the world who get paid far less and provide an actual service, so where is their press conferrence and sponsorship money!!!

Goodbye LeBron and I can only hope that the new "Miami Thrice" becomes an ego driven train wreck for all the world to see.(Poetic Justice)

thatsmrmastercraft
07-09-2010, 11:52 AM
AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't get away from hearing about this moron even at my favorite site. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

jdl xstar
07-09-2010, 11:55 AM
I disagree on Dan Gilbert's public reaction. I understand the whole organization is frustrated, but to take it personal by calling his decision cowardly, is just wrong, imho. Teams dump palyers like yesterday's trash all the time. And to take it further by guaranteeing the Cavs will win before the King... that is a silly promise that has practically no chance of coming true.

As an Orlando Magic fan, we felt a similar betrayal when Shaq left for LA. But life moves on and with free agency the way it is, the Cavs can pick up some great players and you'll be fine. Maybe you all should question whether you would want Lebron since in 7 years he couldn't win a championship for you.

Lastly, championships are won on BIG MEN in the middle. Think about it. The heat don't have one and wont have one with how little cap space they have left. The Heat will have a great reg season record but the long playoffs require a big man and thats where LA and Orlando still have an edge....

flipper
07-09-2010, 11:57 AM
AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't get away from hearing about this moron even at my favorite site. :mad:
They are talking about it on the bayliner forum too? HAHAHAHA:D

Sorry, I had to

thatsmrmastercraft
07-09-2010, 12:34 PM
They are talking about it on the bayliner forum too? HAHAHAHA:D

Sorry, I had to

You just can't get away from it. :confused:

captain planet
07-09-2010, 02:10 PM
I'm with ya jk. I haven't watched an NBA game ever since they let ron artest back into the league, that was the last straw for me.

Here are a couple of great articles. They pretty much sum up what is in my head about the whole thing.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/michael_rosenberg/07/08/lebron.event/index.html?eref=sihp

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/13618008/lebron-comes-out-looking-like-coward-not-king/rss

Rip away I say. Tim Duncan has more class in his little toe than james has in his entire being. And enough of this comparing him to Jordan. There really is no comparison.

captain planet
07-09-2010, 02:11 PM

It will fade, just like any other story.

thatsmrmastercraft
07-09-2010, 02:13 PM
It will fade, just like any other story.

I know, it just can't go away fast enough. :(

jbkriss
07-09-2010, 03:10 PM
ESPN televises high school kids committing to college programs every FEB. So when the two-time NBA player of the year, who happens to be a free agent, is announcing where he is signing, don't be surprised that it's a tv spectacle. If you want to lay blame somewhere, blame the 24/7 media, not the athlete. The athlete didn't create recruiting websites, blogs, twitter accounts, my space, etc. The Cleveland owner could have taken the high road but chose to take it personally instead of professionally and just looks like a guy whining because someone pissed in his corn flakes. Teams get broken up and have to rebuild every year... in every sport. Owners don't react like this guy. Act like you already know what you're gonna do instead of crying about it.

209er
07-09-2010, 05:12 PM
Ok, my 2 cents since I live in Cleveland and always have, I feel a need to add the mayhem. If Dan Gilbert is upset with the way Lebron and his possie got away with things, who's fault is that? Secondly, althougth the Cavs had an awesome season last year, they petered out in the playoffs, they need(ed) better players off the bench besides Lebron. And, I do feel Lebron quit in games 2 and 5, I witnessed (no pun intended) it personally, a lot people at the game looked at each other like, "what the heck happened to Lebron?". Although Lebron is definately talented, he's no Jordan, on or off the court. I'm not in to the self proclaimed "King". I dont care how good you are, in my opinion, that lacks class. Lebron could have handled his exit from Cleveland a little better, I think as a man, he could have picked up the phone and personally delivered the message.

In the end, I think all parties could/should have handled themselves better. We're a tough town, we'll bounce back like we always do from our sports blunders. I won't lie, I thought Lebron would stay, and take his hometown team to a Championship eventually. In a way, I dont blame him for leaving, I dont foresee Cleveland winning a Championship soon unless they had some other great players besides Lebron coming in and they didnt. And, Lebron saw the writing on the wall, so, he left. He's not getting any younger and he wants a ring. Cleveland had their chance with him. I just wish both parties would have handled themselves in a classier way.

TX.X-30 fan
07-09-2010, 05:16 PM

I can't believe seemingly intelligent grown men watch the NBA. The players and fans ruined the game. I would rather watch girls T-Ball. :D

captain planet
07-09-2010, 05:18 PM
The owner of the Cavs also owns Fathead. Today the lebron james Fathead went on sale for $17.41.

Why $17.41?

Because Benedict Arnold was born in 1741. 8p

shepherd
07-09-2010, 05:49 PM
I can't believe seemingly intelligent grown men watch the NBA. The players and fans ruined the game. I would rather watch girls T-Ball. :D

Pervert. :cool:

thatsmrmastercraft
07-09-2010, 06:08 PM

If the NBA just disappeared into thin air overnight, would anyone really notice? :D

shepherd
07-09-2010, 06:17 PM
If the NBA just disappeared into thin air overnight, would anyone really notice? :D

Yeah, and the NHL too. I miss the old ESPN, when they covered fun sports to watch, like waterskiing, Australian rules football, curling, etc. But then, I miss the old MTV too...

captain planet
07-09-2010, 06:21 PM

I know I wouldn't.

D3skier
07-09-2010, 06:57 PM
I'm with ya jk. I haven't watched an NBA game ever since they let ron artest back into the league, that was the last straw for me.

Here are a couple of great articles. They pretty much sum up what is in my head about the whole thing.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/michael_rosenberg/07/08/lebron.event/index.html?eref=sihp

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/13618008/lebron-comes-out-looking-like-coward-not-king/rss

Rip away I say. Tim Duncan has more class in his little toe than james has in his entire being. And enough of this comparing him to Jordan. There really is no comparison.

I'm with ya there CP... I haven't watched and NBA game since Larry Miller let the 97-99 team of the Jazz disperse... They were the only team that could compete with the bulls and Jordan those years then Jordan retires and only if Miller would have kept that team together they could have had a championship or two under their belts. instead that MORON lets several key players go and they fell apart just like they do every year since.

Double D
07-09-2010, 07:00 PM
Just delete this thread. The guy and the sport he plays in are dead to me, as is this thread!

Kyle
07-09-2010, 11:10 PM
Who even cares about GORILLA GOLF????

Any street thug can get a ball and try to put it in a hole up in the air.

All sports at the lake takes skill, not a lot of trash talk and walking around with their pants half way around their legs, and throwing up gang signs.

thatsmrmastercraft
07-10-2010, 12:13 AM
Who even cares about GORILLA GOLF????

Any street thug can get a ball and try to put it in a hole up in the air.

All sports at the lake takes skill, not a lot of trash talk and walking around with their pants half way around their legs, and throwing up gang signs.

Well said, sir. :toast:

iplount
07-10-2010, 04:17 AM
Just don't get pro sports and the time and energy and money spent ... really ... really?

cf_koch
07-10-2010, 09:03 AM
There all a bunch of overpaid premadonas.

LeBron- An millionare athlete that used free agency as an opportunity for self promotion to stroke his ego. NO CLASS

Gilbert- A Billionare owner that creates a carefully crafted letter to keep fans happy, belittle the former face of his franchise, and to keep the arena filled lining his pocket in the process. This move also shows NO CLASS and will come to haunt the Cavs more than the loss of LeBron when it comes to sign free agents in the future.

It is a game- A diversion- Life will go on no matter who is wearing the jerseys or owning the teams

I for one plan to be a participant in life by hitting the water as much as possible instead of watching a bunch over overpaid cry babies live theirs in the media.

CantRepeat
07-10-2010, 10:06 AM
Meh, why rage at a guy getting a new job?

jdl xstar
07-10-2010, 01:31 PM
Stealing points from the sports talk shows but one that really stood out was how Gilbert harped on loyalty/betrayal..etc... Where was his loyalty to Coach Brown and the GM? And wasn't Gilbert trying to lure Tom Izzo away from a school he's been at for 15 years?

TX.X-30 fan
07-10-2010, 02:34 PM
Pervert. :cool:

Nice ...................:D

I like the direction this thread has moved............8p

Kyle
07-10-2010, 05:44 PM
I cant stand the sport. Hood rats with bad attitudes, crying about everything, and are overpaid.

I think the sport needs a wooden jungle gym in the very middle of the court and a few trees with some rope swings and a few tire swings. No the tires dont count as extra baskets. You still have to use the regulation goals but you can swing from the trees and a tree house or two to get to the basket. I just may watch then. Guys in their natural habitat.

LaBron may have been chasing a ring but again he may have gone to Miami to get away from state income tax. Who Knows and Who Cares

TX.X-30 fan
07-10-2010, 08:22 PM
The tax angle was big in the decision for sure.

NY sends a tax bill if you do anything in their state and make a profit.

I like your new spin on a broken game. Kyle...............