PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma City

AFX-30
07-08-2010, 06:14 PM
Well the time has finally come that the Govt has decided to get me out of South Carolina. I can not wait to leave and they gave me an assignment to OKC which I am excited about. Now on to the part where I need help. I am looking to try and find the best schools and best areas to live in and around OKC. So if there are any people on here that live around there please let me know what you think.

Dustin

maxpower220
07-08-2010, 06:48 PM
When I lived there (1998-2002), Edmond was the place to live for schools. It's on the opposite side of town from the 2 local "skiable" lakes.

ttu
07-08-2010, 07:11 PM
i live in tulsa which is 100 miles northeast of okc.

1st choice Edmond and 2nd choice would Norman (college town but good schools)

as far as lakes you have many within a hour and a half drive.

i am very familiar with the okc area and have family who live there. pm me if you have any additional questions.

03 35th Anniversary
07-08-2010, 08:01 PM
OKC = Worlds Largest Trailer Park!!!

Or atleast that was my impression when I was there earlier this year (Mar-April) on the southwestern side.

TX.X-30 fan
07-08-2010, 08:40 PM

Or atleast that was my impression when I was there earlier this year (Mar-April) on the southwestern side.

Were you in nirvana??:D

ttu
07-08-2010, 09:06 PM

that part of okc is trash. but every good size city has their good and bad. also midwest city (by the air force base) is soso at the best.

to give okc credit they did host the wakeboard worlds in 2008 and the wakeboard nationals 2009. they also have really developed the "bricktown" area downtown.