PDA

View Full Version : 2007 X-Star Battery Beeping

MDuncanAU
07-08-2010, 12:34 AM
I was wondering if you guys could tell me what kind of problem I am facing here. On my X-Star if I turn my key one click to the right to engage the battery, the boat begins to beep very quickly. Once I crank the boat, it beeps for about 3 more seconds and then it quits. If I never crank the boat, it continues to beep until I turn the boat off. The boat runs flawlessly once it is cranked, but I am worried as to what this beeping is trying to warn me of.

Jerseydave
07-08-2010, 04:54 AM
I'm guessing its the low oil pressure alarm since the engine is not running. You should not need to leave the ignition in the on position for any reason, turn key to the left for accessory instead.

MDuncanAU
07-09-2010, 10:52 AM
I don't know why the low pressure alarm would be going off. Sometimes I turn the key to the on position to check the fuel level or something like that because none of the gauges will engage unless you turn the key to the on position. I agree that it could be the oil pressure alarm, though, because it quits after about 2 seconds once the engine is started.