PDA

View Full Version : sensors?

zhendrixson
07-07-2010, 06:54 PM
I have an 06 mastercraft X-45 and I think someone popped the sensor off trying to be a dick! I called a dealership and they said the sensor must have been popped off for it to go into check engine slow mode for the buzzer to keep going off and the boat to not go over 5 mph. They said to check the oil pump sensor and the water pump sensor.....Does this sound right? If so where would the sensors be located on the motor and what would they look like?

JimN
07-07-2010, 07:08 PM
I have an 06 mastercraft X-45 and I think someone popped the sensor off trying to be a dick! I called a dealership and they said the sensor must have been popped off for it to go into check engine slow mode for the buzzer to keep going off and the boat to not go over 5 mph. They said to check the oil pump sensor and the water pump sensor.....Does this sound right? If so where would the sensors be located on the motor and what would they look like?

Take it to an Indmar dealer- If you aren't close to an MC dealer, go to one of the others that carries Indmar motors. MC isn't the only brand that uses their motors and if the dealers are worth a crap, they'll be able to run diagnostics on yours.