PDA

View Full Version : NEW Boat

willdaly88
07-06-2010, 07:59 PM
I just bought a 1993 Prostar 190 w/ ford 351 285hp engine and powerslot trans. Boat is in pretty good condition. The blower needs to be replaced and the inside of the hull is covered old oil. I took the boat out last weekend and noticed a few things. 1 The pully is squeeking and when i put the boat into gear, in forward or reverse, somthing makes a quick squeeking noise. Sounds like its coming from the shaft. I checked the tranny fluid and it looks like someone poured a cappuccino in there its a brown milky mixture. Any advice?

east tx skier
07-06-2010, 10:31 PM
Water in your transmission fluid. R&R it a few times and replace the belts. Might want to change the engine oil and replace the impeller while you're at it. Then hold your breath and see what it does next. Maybe it runs great, but I'd start there.

If it's coming from the shaft, it could be the strut bushings, but you do know that these things kind of whine in reverse, right?

Campbell
07-12-2010, 07:42 PM
pump the tranny fluid out asap and replace

Jerseydave
07-12-2010, 09:27 PM
check and/or replace your trans cooler. It might be allowing water to get into the trans fluid.