PDA

View Full Version : Here's to a great holiday weekend!

whitedog
07-01-2005, 10:52 PM
Satarted the holiday weekend at about 5:00am this morning with a 3 hour drive to visit my Dad on his 82 birthday. Had lunch with him and mom then played golf in the afternoon. He has plans to go out to dinner with friends tonight. It still amazes me that he is as active as he is at his age. Plays golf 3 - 4 times a week and walks one of the courses where he plays because it is somewhat flat. :dance:

To make a long story short he is in great shape for some one his age who is undergoing chemo treatments for a non operable cancer around a kidney. I take alot of inspiration from him. Prognosis for him is good for another 5 years or so! My parents celebrated there 56 wedding anniversary lasr May 1. I hope I make it that long. :)

What a great way to start the weeked.
Next three days involve staining the deck, painting the porch, 4 ski shows and some free skiing and footing in between.:toast:

Be safe everyone!

MarkP
07-01-2005, 11:27 PM
Satarted the holiday weekend at about 5:00am this morning with a 3 hour drive to visit my Dad on his 82 birthday. Had lunch with him and mom then played golf in the afternoon. He has plans to go out to dinner with friends tonight. It still amazes me that he is as active as he is at his age. Plays golf 3 - 4 times a week and walks one of the courses where he plays because it is somewhat flat. :dance:

To make a long story short he is in great shape for some one his age who is undergoing chemo treatments for a non operable cancer around a kidney. I take alot of inspiration from him. Prognosis for him is good for another 5 years or so! My parents celebrated there 56 wedding anniversary lasr May 1. I hope I make it that long. :)

What a great way to start the weeked.
Next three days involve staining the deck, painting the porch, 4 ski shows and some free skiing and footing in between.:toast:

Be safe everyone!
Congrats to them..

Donít forget to stop to smell the roses!!

John B
07-01-2005, 11:31 PM
Your dad sounds like a great guy !
To you and everyone else at Team Talk.
Have a good holiday, and stay safe!!! :toast: :D

stevo137
07-01-2005, 11:45 PM
Sounds like a great weekend!
He sounds like a great guy.
My father in law who has also played golf for many years keeps telling me that this is problably his last year that he'll be able to play.
He beat colon cancer about 10 years ago.
He's 79 now and shot 78 twice this year and a 74 last week.
I don't think that I'm going to beat the old man in the morning! :(

Tennesseeski
07-02-2005, 06:01 AM
:wavey: Anybody else up yet??? Hope everyone has a safe and happy fourth. Daylight in about an hour here. Going to catch an early morning set :woohoo: :headbang:

SteveO
07-02-2005, 08:18 AM
Up with the kids, They just don't understand the concept of sleeping past 7. Hope everyone has a safe and happy weekend. Got out for cuts in the AM yesterday and am now in OK for the wifes 20th reunion.

peason
07-03-2005, 01:20 AM
Sounds Great Whitedog! I agree you have to take the time to "smell the roses!" just as some one said earlier. I wonder if your dad owes his longevity to the Wisconsin diet - "Beer, Brats and Cheese - and then more beer!"

Hope everyone has a great weekend - we went out today and the winds were a bear! But it sure beats sitting in an office!