PDA

View Full Version : Lake Conroe, TX

psychobilly
07-03-2010, 12:25 AM
Is there any of yawl here on Lake Conroe???

Archimedes
07-03-2010, 03:04 AM
Boated there a lot in the early 90s. Fun lake in my big Sea Ray. In my ProStar 190, not so much. Destroyed a few props on my Sea Ray hunting in the stumps for smooth water, and probably crushed a few vertebrae bouncing over the huge swells in my 190.

nycjap
07-06-2010, 07:17 PM
I go out on Conroe, Houston and Travis mostly. Do you ski or board?

east tx skier
07-06-2010, 10:33 PM
I've skied there once when I was a kid. Rough as snot. Bought my old MC from a guy who had it on Conroe and took it out in the mornings. Hours reflected lack of daylight use.

To answer your question, no, we don't get down there much these days.

TX.X-30 fan
07-06-2010, 11:07 PM
Completely bulk-headed lake that is great for chick oogling.

psychobilly
07-07-2010, 08:42 AM
I go out on Conroe, Houston and Travis mostly. Do you ski or board?

Well I ski but I recon we bought the wrong boat ta ski behind, lol That ole 240SC is a surfers DREAM with out bags. lol I recon I'm gunna be surf'n before long.

It ain't that bad in this ole boat here as far as swells, but I mostly run the north end. I have GPS on it and I have all of the deep channels and stumps logged in. Ya see a troutline this lake heavy as well as hunt the Sam Houston National Forrest so I have spent a load of time on this ole lake. I see people all the time running over stumps. The funnest ones are this ones that see me running in and figure it's OK to run anywhere. lol I seen 5 this weekend running over them stumps. Seen one shut it down all of a sudden and turn around. lol It's not really funny that they are tearing their boats up, it's just funny that people go out on a lake with an investment like this and not know where or what they're running over....