PDA

View Full Version : Depth gauge installation.

jwmiller
07-01-2010, 11:23 AM
I have a 2005 Prostar 197.
I purchased a depth gauge and when looking where to install the actual gauge I found myself perplexed as to where to actually put it. Any suggestions?

jwmiller
07-01-2010, 11:24 AM
That was not phrased very well!

macattack
07-01-2010, 12:12 PM
Apparently, you did not buy the depth finder from MC?? If you did, then it is a plug and play and the depth reading will be displayed on the multi-function gauge already on your console. If you bought and an off the self depth finder, post a picture and maybe someone else has installed that brand and can show you their location...mac

jwmiller
07-01-2010, 12:26 PM
You are correct it was an "off the shelf model" a Hummingbird. I was not aware that there was a depth gauge sold by MC that was plug and play. Anyone one know the part number?

If that is the case I may have a depth finder for sale cheap.

Willski
09-14-2010, 03:51 PM
So. My boat was listed as having a depth finder, but when I cycle through the display, I don't see a depth. Haven't taken the time to actually look for a sending unit yet. I just assumed it was there. Anyone know if a depth guage was standard on the TT boats in 2007?

kyfooter
09-15-2010, 09:24 AM
John,

I have a 2003 TT and also purchased an aftermarket depth finder. At the time, MC was installing the depth finders on the plate near the throttle. I tapped into an already existing accessories switch.

The plate I'm referring to on my boat was blank, but had space for two guages (typically depth finder on top, and radio controll on bottom).

Good luck.

LaRue
09-15-2010, 10:48 AM
apologize if this is a thread jump....

our factory thru-hull depth gauge works for the first half-hour or so...goes random for a time...then mostly reads .5 for the rest of the day, with an accurate reading every once in a while. Should i replace or try to re-epoxy? any thoughts?

macattack
09-15-2010, 12:25 PM
Pretty sure depth finders are an "option" for every year...

The transducer should be mounted back where the shaft enters the boat and the electronics should be on/around your kick panel by the driver's seat...mac

mayo93prostar
09-15-2010, 02:47 PM
if it is the hummingbird depth finder with a round display, many of us have removed the clock from the dash and replaced with the depth finder display. It is was me, I would try to find the part that works with the existing display. Contact a dealer and see if they can get it.