PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Pass Doesn't Display well in high humidity

bfinley
06-29-2010, 01:07 PM
Ever since we had some very humid days this summer, I've had problems with Perfect pass for the first 10 minutes we are on the water. The display is either faded out or doesn't work at all. Once the boat is "warmed up" all is fine. I think it has something to do with the humidity.

Has anyone else had a similar experience. How did you fix it?

FYI - My boat is typically stored on a trailer in my garage. But we first had this problem on some days when it was so humid, my garage floor was wet due to condensation.

mcmx2
06-29-2010, 02:16 PM
A ski partner of mine had the same problem last week with his PP display. The PP was working but we had no display. We had been caught in a rain storm on the lake a couple of days earlier and the carpets were soaked. We called Perfect pass while out on the boat and the first thing they asked was have you had a bunch of water get into the boat. They said that the high humidity will mess with terminals on the display board and cause this. The display will generate some heat as the boat runs and will dry itself out but this is a common problem in the south where the humidity stays in a covered boat all summer. They get calls for this all the time.

Gofast
06-29-2010, 03:24 PM
Give thier tech support a call. They helped me out with an issue 2 weeks ago. Really good support.

BrianM
06-30-2010, 10:05 AM
I don't have a problem with mine and it is humid enough for condensation to form on the garage floor about 360 days a year here. Call PP. Something is wrong with your display.

Skipper
06-30-2010, 09:12 PM
I have been getting a bleeding type appearance on my display recently. Living in Louisiana. I keep the boat stored in the garage, uncovered, but it gets very hot in the garage. It is a three year old display. Hoping it does not go out.