PDA

View Full Version : Aerator pump >> fat sack pump?

Davo
06-29-2010, 10:02 AM
As I understand, the pumps for fat sacks are basically aerator pumps with the proper fittings, etc.

My Rule 1,100 gph is losing power so I'm thinking of buying an aerator pump and fitting the existing parts to it.

Anyone done this or have any tips?

Thank ya and Happy Independence Day!!!

Davo
06-29-2010, 11:52 AM
Been doing some searching on WakeWorld and came up with a couple of vendors for a replacement motor for my Rule or a whole new pump minus the fittings (also called a live well pump). I need to check my model # on my Rule.

Also looking at the Attwood Tsunami. Need to check the fitting sizes on my current Rule to match with the Attwood. I think the threaded end is 3/4" on my Rule and those fittings would fit the Attwood Tsunami 800 gph....which would probably be enough pumpage for my needs.

joecarew3
06-29-2010, 01:07 PM
I just bought the tsunami 800 gph aerator pump. I have used it a couple times and it works well for me. I have an older fat sack 550#. The fittings on that pump are 3/4". They have removable cartridge motors, if you were to blow on up then you could just pick the replacement part at any marine store. The 1200 Tsunami pump online with a couple fittings is $100 starting out, (rip off) It takes me appx 7 to 10 mins to fill my bag. If the 1200 gph was avail from my marina I would have picked that up. If you have any other questions send me a pm. Good luck

Joe

Davo
06-29-2010, 01:57 PM
Thanks, Joe!

So the 800 worked with the older 550 fittings? (PM sent)

I found a good price on the 800 so I'll think I'll go that route.

slickwater1
06-29-2010, 02:35 PM
most aerator pumps are universal as far as fittings. the 800 should do fine, may take a min more to fill your sacks but speed is not that important when you on the water. just sit back and relax and the the bags get TIGHT.