PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a slalom course near Dallas, TX

Tom Wortham
08-20-2004, 03:45 PM
I've skiied for over 9 years now... NEVER tried to ski a "course". Does anyone know if there is a course on Cedar Creek Lake in southeast Texas, or close to that area. Doug, I bet you might. I think it's time to give it a shot. I like to ski around 35... that seems a little hot for a run on a "course"... Thoughts/Comments? :D

G-man
08-20-2004, 03:49 PM
Tom
There is a private lake in Kaufman called Dream Lake. If you want to come up to Princeton near Mckinney I could pull you. Lake Tyler has a ski course East Texas may be able to get you on. www.princetonlakespoa.com

Tom Wortham
08-20-2004, 04:07 PM
George,
That sounds pretty tempting! I'll birng my ski home this weekend. Do you live on the water out there? I live in Plano and think I know the area you are talking about. Is it off 380 on the right side as you are driving towards Greenville?

east tx skier
08-20-2004, 05:01 PM
Tom, if you're ever this way, give me a shout. I'll pull you 'til you drop. My experience was that they needed to slow the boat down considerably to give me a realistic shot at the course.

Tom Wortham
08-20-2004, 05:52 PM
Thanks Doug.... doesn't take too long before I drop. If I could get a daily run... I would be in a lot better shape... once a weekend or every other weekend. I'm still sore the next day (or two). I appreciate the offer... and might drop you a note. Have a great weekend... heading down to Cedar Creek for the weekend. :wavey:

east tx skier
08-20-2004, 05:54 PM
No sweat. Don't know why I thought you were in Waco. Drop me a line any time. We skied through the end of November last year.

stevo137
08-20-2004, 08:27 PM
Let us know how it is to ski behind that machine! It sure is a beaut! Probably shouldn't post it though, remember what happened last time!

tcubrian
08-23-2004, 10:15 AM
Tom,

There is a course on Cedar Creek. My inlaws have a place near maybank after the third bridge. If you go up in that cove there is a course set up. There is also a ski school up there. I have never had much luck with cedar creek though. I don't know if it is when I go or if I just have had bad luck but I don't even ski when I go down there anymore b/c the water is so bad. Sorry, I am not much help on where this course is on the lake. I know how to drive near it on land but no idea how to get to it from the rest of the lake. Only 34,000 acres...