PDA

View Full Version : 2003 P/S 209 MCX Engine Problems

caden
06-30-2005, 04:57 PM
Less than 10 hours total on engine.
3 Trips to lake, 2 break downs.
Both times after about 3 hours and a 1/2 tank of fuel.
Temp is around 160.
RPM's will drop, then the engine chokes out.
Sounds fuel or air starved.
Will restart but will not run or idle.
Engine will choke out again.
I know tank was full when I started, so it has not run out of fuel.
1st time back to shop they put in a new fuel pump.
After 2nd breakdown, I left it tied up at dock overnight. THe next am it started. So I put 14 gallons in at marina and it ran fine for around 2 hours. Trailered it back home and left for dealer to check out.
Could it be some trash in tank/line that causes problems around 1/2 tank? Could it be some kind of presure problem? I will take any ideas.

rodltg2
06-30-2005, 05:13 PM
sounds like the problem i had, replaced my fuel pump and everything seems ok now. sorry not much help.

Mag_Red
06-30-2005, 05:20 PM
Sorry about your problems............now I don't feel so bad that they put the 310 HP in mine.

Workin' 4 Toys
07-01-2005, 09:38 AM
Less than 10 hours total on engine.
3 Trips to lake, 2 break downs.
Both times after about 3 hours and a 1/2 tank of fuel.
Temp is around 160.
RPM's will drop, then the engine chokes out.
Sounds fuel or air starved.
Will restart but will not run or idle.
Engine will choke out again.
I know tank was full when I started, so it has not run out of fuel.
1st time back to shop they put in a new fuel pump.
After 2nd breakdown, I left it tied up at dock overnight. THe next am it started. So I put 14 gallons in at marina and it ran fine for around 2 hours. Trailered it back home and left for dealer to check out.
Could it be some trash in tank/line that causes problems around 1/2 tank? Could it be some kind of presure problem? I will take any ideas.
NOT the exact but a similar issue. Yes if a fuel pump goes out it will give you the problem as you had it. Why did the pump go out? I would ask myself that and look for signs of contaminants is the tank, and or in the fuel lines or filter. There is a slim chance in the injectors. The best two products I personaly use is Seafoam, and Chevron/Techron fuel injector cleaner in a black bottle with red and blue label ava. at most autoparts stores. (I don't mix them, use on sepearate fill ups) Seafoam helps with multiple issues as it states on the bottle, and the C/T is an injector cleaner. If I were to guess it definently sounds like a fuel issue, but with multiple possiblities. (don't exclude the possibility of water being in the tank, that could have catastrophic results.)

caden
07-02-2005, 05:26 PM
Talk to the shop today.
They said they recreated the problem.
They replaced the fuel pump again.
Hope this fixes the problem.
Question is why is fuel pump going out?