PDA

View Full Version : Auto Bilge Feature

Gamble
06-25-2010, 10:54 PM
Boat is a 2001 model PS 209. The rocker switch for the bilge has 3 positions. Manual, Off, and Automatic. The manual works fine........light on switch comes on and pump comes on. The automatic does nothing........no lighted switch and pump no workee. I also made sure there was water in the bilge that would activate the pump, and it did as long as I had it switched to manual, but in the auto mode, nothing happened. I looked in the bilge at the pump and didn't notice a float switch to the pump. Is this an aftermarket thing this boat just didn't come with, but the switches were universal, or is something broken? Do you have to leave the switch in the automatic position for a certain period of time before it comes on? Thanks for the help.

CiscoStu
06-25-2010, 11:48 PM
I've found the float usually needs quite a bit of water before it kicks in... Would you say the water is more than halfway up the pump? That's probably about where mine comes on.

If you turn it on manually, it will pump water way before the float turns it on.

Are you able to determine a model number for the pump? You can then find it on the manufacturer's website and see if it has a float.

There's a good chance the float is either gunked up or stuck, or there isn't enough water.

Thrall
06-26-2010, 12:21 PM
Maybe it was replaced with a pump with no float??
The float is obvious, big tongue on a hinge attached to the pump.

xbot50000
06-26-2010, 01:39 PM
I have a 2003 X9. Mine does the same thing. In order for the pump to come on in the auto position, the water level must be pretty much to the top of the pump. I thought it would come on much earlier until I bought a replacement pump and saw the instructions. Hope this helps...

Jorski
06-26-2010, 02:03 PM
I your pump was replace with one that has a built in float switch, it will have three wires coming out of the top.

If there are only two wires coming out of the top of your pump, then it doesn't have a float switch and you will either have one that isn't working or you would have to install one.

Gamble
06-26-2010, 04:12 PM
thanks for the help guys.......I'll look next weekend.........but I can't seem to find the float when I looked last, however I didn't let the water get all that high....no where near the top of the pump. It's a yellow pump if I remember right, and to the best of my knowledge, everything in it is original equipment. where would the float be located?