PDA

View Full Version : lakes in North Carolina

drbesvold1
06-24-2010, 01:08 PM
Im trying to get some ideas on some good lakes in North Carolina for watersking and maybe buy a lake home on any one have any ideas ?

jbkriss
06-24-2010, 02:17 PM
Try this website...

http://www.lakehouse.com/browse_map.php?cat=38

SkiDog
06-24-2010, 02:21 PM
Im trying to get some ideas on some good lakes in North Carolina for watersking and maybe buy a lake home on any one have any ideas ?

WHERE the hell have YOU been? Iraq, Afghanistan? Arizona? WHERE? TMC#1's been missing you!

drbesvold1
06-24-2010, 02:39 PM
SKI DOG its always a honor when you contact me i appoligize to tmc1 for not comming on , i have moved to florida with my fiance the only problem is there is no jobs down here with the space program going bye bye everyone is leaving this area and businesses are closing so we are thinking of moving to north carolina where the job market is alittle bit better as we have been told , are you hiring ski dog?

drbesvold1
06-24-2010, 02:41 PM
jbkriss thanks for the info i was on that site earlier looking , i dont know much about lakes in north carolina and was wondering what are some of the better lakes up there to ski on and maybe even buy a reasonable home on the lake

CLTMC
06-24-2010, 03:35 PM
jbkriss thanks for the info i was on that site earlier looking , i dont know much about lakes in north carolina and was wondering what are some of the better lakes up there to ski on and maybe even buy a reasonable home on the lake

Charlotte NC, is a great area. There are three major lakes within 30min to downtown Charlotte. Lake Norman, MT. Island Lake and Lake Wylie. All large water sports friendly lakes.

Also check out Lake James, Lake Hickory, Lake Lure, Lake Tillery,Lake Wateree,High Rock Lake,and Badin Lake. This should get you pointed in the right direction.

I live on Lake Wylie and love it! We have deep water, slalom courses, restaurants and great people. My house is 18min form uptown Charlotte.
Hope this helps

drbesvold1
06-24-2010, 04:24 PM
lake whley are they still having there earlier mastercraft get togethers there every year?

Cary K.
06-24-2010, 04:37 PM
Gaston, Kerr, Belews, Hyco, and Mayo are a few other lakes in the state that have homes on them. Most of the big lakes around Raleigh/Durham don't have homes on them. There are also several smaller lakes and waterways around that are awesome, but just too many to list. Lots of great places to boat here!

drbesvold1
06-24-2010, 05:38 PM
thanks caryk all info is much appricated

ahhudgins
06-24-2010, 06:46 PM
I flew into Charlotte last weekend on my way to Long Island and we flew over a HUGE lake coming into the airport. I donít know which lake it was, but I was very impressed. I was flying on the weekend for work instead of skiing and I was really bummed out looking down and seeing all of the people behind their boats!! I ski on Leesville Lake in VA, which is very small, but there is very little traffic and the water is always smooth (if you donít mind a few logs floating around from time to time). If I were looking to make a move to NC, Charlotte would be the first place I would look.

CLTMC
06-24-2010, 07:00 PM
lake whley are they still having there earlier mastercraft get togethers there every year?

We do host a MasterCraft get together every year on Lake Wylie. It is truly an awesome Lake.