PDA

View Full Version : Anchor/Stern Pole Light 2005 Prostar 197

jwmiller
06-24-2010, 01:07 PM
What type/brand of stern light does a 2005 Prostar 197 use? I bought the boat used and it was missing. I haven't needed it but will this 4th of july.

Gofast
06-24-2010, 04:10 PM
West Marine or your local marina should have the pole lights. Look at how yours is set up. Probably slotted with 2 prongs or little raised bumps at the bottom. Any generic brands should fit. I bought a spare at the lake last year.

If you are in the DFW area, I have 2 and you can have one of them. Put my light up on the tower. Better nighttime vision with the Nav light up top.

Rob

jwmiller
06-25-2010, 09:22 AM
West Marine or your local marina should have the pole lights. Look at how yours is set up. Probably slotted with 2 prongs or little raised bumps at the bottom. Any generic brands should fit. I bought a spare at the lake last year.

If you are in the DFW area, I have 2 and you can have one of them. Put my light up on the tower. Better nighttime vision with the Nav light up top.

Rob

Thanks for the offer, but I live in southern Minnesota. I figured I could get one at those shops but I wasn't sure what kind of fitting it had. My boat is 40 minutes away and was hoping to save the trip to find out which fitting it is.

John

jwmiller
06-30-2010, 04:22 PM
Following up. The receptacle for the light post was Attwood P/N 91024. I think it would accept any 2 pin stern light.