PDA

View Full Version : 4 yr old wakeboarding. happy dad

slickwater1
06-24-2010, 12:07 PM
my 4 yr old decided yesterday that he was going to wakeboard by himself and dam if he didn't it do it. He rode my 142 transcend several times for a pretty good distance. getting him up is def not the problem that it is for older kids. now i got to buy him one of his own. What you guys and girls think? what kind and what size. he weighs 34 pounds and will be 5 in december.

Jerseydave
06-24-2010, 08:56 PM
Wow only 4 years old, congrats!
My buddy's son just started riding a 109 board and he's 7. My daughter is going to learn soon on her 118, she is also 7. Either size will work for him, but the 118 will be better as he grows. Plus it's easier to bury the nose on shorter boards, while longer boards are easier to get up on plus they land softer for wake jumping. Just my $.02

Davo
06-25-2010, 09:35 AM
That's awesome! I have a 20 month old and he jumps around on the wakeboard in the yard. lol We'd take him on it with us by having him stand between our legs, but he needs to learn to swim better first (working on it).

I agree with njskier - get the bigger sized kids board...you really just want him to be comfortable at this stage and the bigger board will offer more stability and easier starts.

Congrats again - I can imagine your excitement to see him ride the board. Good stuff!

coz
06-25-2010, 10:32 AM
my 4 yr old decided yesterday that he was going to wakeboard by himself and dam if he didn't it do it. He rode my 142 transcend several times for a pretty good distance. getting him up is def not the problem that it is for older kids. now i got to buy him one of his own. What you guys and girls think? what kind and what size. he weighs 34 pounds and will be 5 in december.

That's awesome slick! njskier is right on with the 118, we started my grandson when he was 3 and he rides the LF Nemisis 118.

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm258/cozaz/lake10-14059.jpg

rocket71
07-07-2010, 09:10 PM
I am looking to teach my 8 y/o. Any tips? How long of a rope?

KnoxX2
07-12-2010, 04:43 PM
Go slow!!!! My oldest son learned at 4 1/2 and we had him on a HL 118.

I saw a guy this last week trying to teach a kid how to ski and he was pulling him just as fast and as hard as if he was pulling a full grown adult.

Congrats........... I love to see kids ride for the first time!!!!