PDA

View Full Version : Proper way to torque new OJ Prop?

brettmess24
06-23-2010, 07:10 PM
When I removed my prop I simply did a quick ratchet snap and that lossened the nut and enabled me to remove the prop.

Now is it the same way to install the prop or is there a certain torque spec the nut needs to be tightened to? Should the shaft be greased? Any other procedure I should be aware of?

Torque wrench in hand waiting your reply.............:D

Sodar
06-23-2010, 07:40 PM
Here ya go...

brucemac
06-23-2010, 07:41 PM
which one did you get again? i'm anxious to hear how you like it. will you be sure to shoot me a pm and let me know. i'm thinking of going down to the size you got. i have the 14.75 x 15.5.

have fun!

brettmess24
06-23-2010, 07:45 PM
AWESOME SODAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS!!!!!!!!!:D

50 ft-lb's isnt very much but that will be easy to do.

Bruce I have the 14.25X14.5 120...........I love it as it works for everything plenty of out of the hole pull for everything on my X1 w/mcx:cool:

brucemac
06-23-2010, 08:01 PM
cool, thanks. i was confusing you with another recent post. i have MCX too and that's the size i was thinking of trying next.

hey what's top end and RPM at WOT?

any porpoising?

Jason99T/A
06-23-2010, 09:51 PM
cool, thanks. i was confusing you with another recent post. i have MCX too and that's the size i was thinking of trying next.

any porpoising?

Diito! This looks to be my next upgrade after the ballast install. I'm looking at that exact same prop as well.

brettmess24
06-23-2010, 11:35 PM

any porpoising?

Top end is barried on the speedo(haven't GPS'd top speed) so if the speedo is somewhat accurate 44-50mph in light chop.

Little bit of porposing in the mid range but can be cured with a little front ballast or people in the front.

Like I said earlier this is the PERFECT PROP for our application if you like to wakeboard, ski, surf, barefoot, and dare I say tube wars................:D

ohhh and it goes like a mother and sounds good too......:cool: