PDA

View Full Version : Indiana/Ohio question

parks_jr_55
06-30-2005, 01:18 AM
I have a friend/neighbor that has a Volkswagen GTI that has been wanting the front end of a Volkswagen Jetta and he found someone that would want to swap front ends. I would probably be going with.

The only problem is that the person is located in Maryland and we are in Central Wisconsin. They would want to meet halfway somewhere in West Ohio or East Indiana. The swap would take approx. 5-6 hours and we were just wondering if anyone would have any suggestions on where this swap could be done. Since we are not fimiliar with the area I thought someone around there would have a good suggestion of a place to do this at.

Hoosier Bob
06-30-2005, 10:06 AM
Richmond Indiana or Dayton Ohio would offer the most exits and bclosest to the Ohio/Indiana border. Both are right off of 70 assuming you would hit 70 in Indy.

OhioProstar
06-30-2005, 10:21 AM
If they come across 80 then Toledo, OH or Angola, IN. If they are coming down 70, then Richmond would be a good spot, take the Rt.40 exit and there is a Lowes off to your left of the ramp.

Lake_Tippy_Skier
06-30-2005, 03:14 PM
There is a huge outlet mall at the angola exit, and some nice lakes around there, You might be able to catch a pull from at that location

parks_jr_55
06-30-2005, 03:19 PM
Thanks for these locations.

He is pretty excited about this and just needed to find a good spot to do it and would like to know it ahead of time. For those of you that are curious as to what this swap may look like in the end here are some pictures. The first one is a Jetta with a GTI front and the second is a GTI with a jetta front. His will look like the second picture in the end.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y163/vw_wr/Getta.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y163/vw_wr/JTI.jpg

Hoosier Bob
06-30-2005, 10:39 PM
What can that thing tow? I don't even see a hitch! Does look cool though.

Mag_Red
06-30-2005, 11:25 PM
I like the second one better :cool: