PDA

View Full Version : Legal trouble/help

Aric'sX15
06-21-2010, 06:51 PM
so its saturday night, and things are pretty quiet. i have a friend over, and its about one in the morning. we were both sleeping when i faintly hear the door bell ring. i grab my glasses and go to the door. I turn the lights on, and theres 2 cops at my door and a handfull of them in my yard. We open the door and ask whats wrong. they asked whose car was parked by my house, and it was my friends. i asked what the problem was cause i live here, and the officer immediately interupted me and said i wasnt talking to you. my older brother comes to the door, and the officer begins to tell us the situation. apparently there had been cars broken into, and my neighbors claimed there was three males that ran down my street and got into my buddies car. so we went and checked, and his radar detector had gotten stolen. we went to open the back, and they said they had already searched his car, without asking. We continued to talk to the officer and he started telling us that he has heard nothing but complaints about us, like walking onto my boat dock at late hours, and then asked us if wed been arrested. the officer then started to tell us that we were suspicious, because i was in my boxers and so was my friend. so now my neighbors are accusing us of stealing. my mom went and talked to the cheif of police and he said they recorded the entire conversation between us and the cops, and were all facing theft charges for something i didnt do. they were also falsifying evidence. what should i do?

flipper
06-21-2010, 06:57 PM
Get a lawyer, getting legal advice here is a mistake.

Aric'sX15
06-21-2010, 06:59 PM
just thought id ask.

Sodar
06-21-2010, 07:16 PM
The story does not seem to add up.

Get a lawyer and sit on the curb.

scott023
06-21-2010, 08:26 PM

Great advice right there. :D

TEAL98
06-21-2010, 11:53 PM
You'd be surprised what money can buy as far as legal protection goes.

They've always said a good lawyer knows the law, a great lawyer knows the judge:D

All jokes aside, whatever you do, do NOT go in and try to fight the battle yourself. It shows alot more acknowledgement of respect in the courtroom by having a lawyer represent you. Hope you get the right one:)

Aric'sX15
06-22-2010, 01:38 AM

im just as confused as you are. even the cheif of police wouldnt see us because we were guilty, without any evidence.

Granite_33
06-22-2010, 10:19 AM
I sense there is a Paul Harvey moment in here and there is the "rest of the story"

Unless there is evidence of proof, then all they have are allegations, which most police officers treat differently than actual evidence.

Get a lawyer. I know everybody likes to make them the butt of their jokes, but when you need one, you need one and this thing smells fishy.

scott023
06-22-2010, 10:21 AM
I especially like the part when his mom went to talk to the police chief for him... :D:D:D

ROB
06-22-2010, 10:45 AM
I'm not a great legal mind, but if it were me, I would run over to the police station in my boxers and confess my guilt.

Rule #1:

Do not speak to the police without a lawyer.

Rule #2:

Get it!

M-Funf
06-22-2010, 11:30 AM

Listen to Sodar...He's the king of Curb Sitters...:rolleyes:

flipper
06-22-2010, 11:35 AM
Sodar knows the laws of the gutter like no other

Sodar
06-22-2010, 11:37 AM
I can curb sit with the best of them.

TX.X-30 fan
06-22-2010, 12:18 PM
I would keep the whole boxer-short thing private and just attribute it to adolescent curiosity.........

flipper
06-22-2010, 12:20 PM
I would keep the whole boxer-short thing private and just attribute it to adolescent curiosity.........
This is true, unless your buddy is a female, in which case pics should be attached.

scott023
06-22-2010, 02:00 PM

Is the OP an adolescent?

robin
06-22-2010, 02:49 PM
as a police officer, i have several questions / observations about this:

1st, are u a minor or adult? different courts / procedures 4 both...

2nd, have u actually been charges w/ a criminal offense? if not, a criminal attorney wont do u much good, other then an expensive shoulder 2 cry on...

3rd, do u and ur buddies really get on the neighbors nerves? up all night partying, drinking, etc? if the neighborhood thinks u are THE neighborhood problem, who do u think they are going 2 blame when stuff comes up missing? YOU!

4th, i'd try to patch things up with the neighbors asap, ie act like an adult, clean up, stop having weirdos over, etc. you all have to live in the same area, so work out your your differences..

just some observations from a lowly public servant

Granite_33
06-22-2010, 02:56 PM
What he said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

ntidsl
06-22-2010, 02:57 PM
why is your MOM involved??? This is all very strange...

JMann
06-22-2010, 03:22 PM
If your mom's involved we need pics!

flipper
06-22-2010, 03:38 PM
Amen....Amen

scott023
06-22-2010, 04:03 PM

ROTFLMAO

Laugh of the day right there. :D:D:D

thatsmrmastercraft
06-22-2010, 04:03 PM
ROTFLMAO

Ditto..........

flipper
06-22-2010, 04:29 PM
ROTFLMAO

I don't think it was a joke

scott023
06-22-2010, 05:02 PM
I don't think it was a joke

I think you thought wrong. ;)

flipper
06-22-2010, 05:03 PM
I think you thought wrong. ;)
Either way, I wasn't:D Where's prammy when you need him?

flipper
06-22-2010, 05:03 PM
Oh, and we dont' pay you to think, so give it up

scott023
06-22-2010, 05:05 PM
Oh, and we dont' pay you to think, so give it up

You don't pay me at all. So I'll go ahead and do as I see fit. :D

thatsmrmastercraft
06-22-2010, 05:08 PM
This has to be legit. Who could make this up. Maybe part of it, but I never would have thought to add mom into the mix. This has to be the real thing.

scott023
06-22-2010, 05:14 PM
This has to be legit. Who could make this up. Maybe part of it, but I never would have thought to add mom into the mix. This has to be the real thing.

I tell you what, I (and all of my friends) tried to keep our parents OUT of the deal when we were young, even if we hadn't done anything. There were a few times when I did something bad enough that I felt my parents NEEDED to be involved to save my butt. Perhaps that's happened here.

flipper
06-22-2010, 05:16 PM
I'd rather be in trouble with the cops than my parents.

thatsmrmastercraft
06-22-2010, 05:17 PM
I tell you what, I (and all of my friends) tried to keep our parents OUT of the deal when we were young, even if we hadn't done anything. There were a few times when I did something bad enough that I felt my parents NEEDED to be involved to save my butt. Perhaps that's happened here.

That would certainly be more plausible than to think someone could make this up. You can't make it up this well.

scott023
06-22-2010, 05:20 PM
I'd rather be in trouble with the cops than my parents.

Even if you were breaking into vehicles? There's a record involved with that in the US, isn't there?

flipper
06-22-2010, 05:23 PM
Even if you were breaking into vehicles? There's a record involved with that in the US, isn't there?
Yes and no, if he is a minor, which I'm guessing he is, it will go away when he turns 18 most of the time.

scott023
06-22-2010, 05:26 PM
Yes and no, if he is a minor, which I'm guessing he is, it will go away when he turns 18 most of the time.

I hear ya, but a lot of times a teenager doesn't think that way.

JMann
06-22-2010, 06:27 PM
I want the Paul Harvey "rest of the story" Here is what really happened

Me and my buddies were running around at 1am after smoking a little herb and having a couple brews. One buddy being extra @#$^ faced saw an I pod on the seat of the neighbors car so he broke the window and grabbed it. We yelled at him that he was a dumb a$$, by then the neighbor was looking out the window and calling the cops. He saw us run back to my house and told the cops he saw us run back to my house. We really didn't have a radar detector stolen (who has those anymore) but it sounded good at the time. I don't want to rat on my friend for being a thief so we are all trying to cover his *** by saying we were at home the whole time.

Now you know The rest of the story!

thatsmrmastercraft
06-22-2010, 06:39 PM

Me and my buddies were running around at 1am after smoking a little herb and having a couple brews. One buddy being extra @#$^ faced saw an I pod on the seat of the neighbors car so he broke the window and grabbed it. We yelled at him that he was a dumb a$$, by then the neighbor was looking out the window and calling the cops. He saw us run back to my house and told the cops he saw us run back to my house. We really didn't have a radar detector stolen (who has those anymore) but it sounded good at the time. I don't want to rat on my friend for being a thief so we are all trying to cover his *** by saying we were at home the whole time.

........:toast:

flipper
06-22-2010, 06:46 PM
Sounds more like it

scott023
06-22-2010, 06:50 PM
Sounds more like it

I second that.

ski/hunt
06-22-2010, 08:50 PM
My money go's on jmann's version!!! Stay out of trouble....!!! No need for legal help!:)

TX.X-30 fan
06-22-2010, 09:46 PM
Boxers............

robin
06-23-2010, 01:13 AM
I'm not a great legal mind, but if it were me, I would run over to the police station in my boxers and confess my guilt.

Rule #1:

Rule #2:

Get it!

this kinda hurts my feelings.....most people think im a swell guy and easy to get along with. no reason to get lawyers involved when talking with me. just have a beer with me and we be chums for life!

Yellow X9
06-23-2010, 01:40 AM
innocent till proven guilty-or they would have arrected you on the spot. If you have not committed any crime, I wouldn't waist the $$ on lawyer

JohnE
06-23-2010, 09:03 AM

Don't forget to add "I then posted the story on an internet forum to prove it was true."...

scott023
06-23-2010, 10:17 AM
innocent till proven guilty-or they would have arrected you on the spot. If you have not committed any crime, I wouldn't waist the $$ on lawyer

Ouch, that sounds painful. Do they wear gloves when they do this? :D

thatsmrmastercraft
06-23-2010, 10:41 AM
After an exhaustive search of the net I was not able to find the actual address where this event took place, but I did find the intersection.

Ric
06-23-2010, 04:50 PM
now THATS funny