PDA

View Full Version : Weekend fun

Gofast
06-21-2010, 03:10 PM
At work, so no pictures to post yet.

Went to Lake Lewisville for Fathers Day. Windy, rough water, busy lake. Still, had fun. Sometimes it's just good to be out on the water.

Went surfing for the first time ever. Fun, different, but fun. We surfed out in the rough area, stayed away from the windbreaks for those that were still trying to wakeboard. Had to deal with one tuber pulling within 30' of us as we were changing boarders. I have a microphone running through 2 Wetsound 485's with about 1000 watts per speaker. That and a huge Pirate flag up top. I announced that he would be boarded if he came close to us again and no mercy shown. He stopped, looked around, probably thought it was lake patrol, pulled the tube in and left the area. Pirates 1, Walley 0

Had dinner at Sneaky Pete's, love to people watch. Watched a guy run down the dock, smack his girlfriend or his frineds girl on the back of the head. She was very upset, started to slap him and he went nuts like he was going to slug her. Never fear, another dude from thier boat came to her rescue and he starts swinging away at him. Bouncers clear the area, he is voted of their boat. The leave in poonton boat with about 8 or more really drunk people on baord, cussing Mr. I'll hit a girl as they leave. Like being at the State Fair.

Still a great weekend, had fun learning to surf. Buying surfboard racks now....

Just my weekend.

Rob

aremsing
06-21-2010, 05:44 PM
congrats on the learning to surf, you'll get easily addicted as it hurts a whole lot less than most the other water activities.
The rest is just good entertainment, I can't lie I'm a little jealous, and the microphone is hilarious

atlfootr
06-24-2010, 10:28 AM
Great mic bit, sounded like something Captain Peter Bethune of the Sea Shepherd would do 8p

http://image3.examiner.com/images/blog/EXID26001/images/whale-wars_sea-shepherd_captain_peter_bethune_in_jail_japan.jpg

Skipper
06-26-2010, 10:52 PM
That guy your hero?

atlfootr
06-27-2010, 09:04 PM
No far from it, I was just thinking out loud .

scott023
06-27-2010, 10:17 PM
No far from it, I just thinking out loud .

Ah ha, there's the problem.

atlfootr
06-30-2010, 07:18 PM
dhd scott023, what are you implying?
As you make another senseless posted remark, just to add towards your post count.

Damn you ....

helenk579
07-05-2010, 06:49 AM
At work, so no pictures to post yet.

Went to Lake Lewisville for Fathers Day. Windy, rough water, busy lake. Still, had fun. Sometimes it's just good to be out on the water.

Went surfing for the first time ever. Fun, different, but fun. We surfed out in the rough area, stayed away from the windbreaks for those that were still trying to wakeboard. Had to deal with one tuber pulling within 30' of us as we were changing boarders. I have a microphone running through 2 Wetsound 485's with about 1000 watts per speaker. That and a huge Pirate flag up top. I announced that he would be boarded if he came close to us again and no mercy shown. He stopped, looked around, probably thought it was lake patrol, pulled the tube in and left the area. Pirates 1, Walley 0

Had dinner at Sneaky Pete's, love to people watch. Watched a guy run down the dock, smack his girlfriend or his frineds girl on the back of the head. She was very upset, started to slap him and he went nuts like he was going to slug her. Never fear, another dude from thier boat came to her rescue and he starts swinging away at him. Bouncers clear the area, he is voted of their boat. The leave in poonton boat with about 8 or more really drunk people on baord, cussing Mr. I'll hit a girl as they leave. Like being at the State Fair.

Still a great weekend, had fun learning to surf. Buying surfboard racks now....

Just my weekend.

Rob

Thanks you for the post.