PDA

View Full Version : Driver starboard panel

jchance
06-21-2010, 01:58 PM
I found my driver side panel (the one with the throttle and ballast switches) had broken loose this weekend. I have not pulled the panel, but it looks like one of the rear screws/bolts broke out of the panel and the others have sagged down. I don't know if they are broken or not. The boat is a 2001 Maristar 210 with a V-drive.

How do I best remove the panel?

What is the panel under the vinyl cover made from?

How to best do the repair?

It looks like I have to remove the vinyl skin to repair the hole left by the broken stud. Is there a better way to repair the problem? Thanks.

ecproductions143
06-22-2010, 06:00 AM
I found my driver side panel (the one with the throttle and ballast switches) had broken loose this weekend. I have not pulled the panel, but it looks like one of the rear screws/bolts broke out of the panel and the others have sagged down. I don't know if they are broken or not. The boat is a 2001 Maristar 210 with a V-drive.

How do I best remove the panel?

What is the panel under the vinyl cover made from?

How to best do the repair?

It looks like I have to remove the vinyl skin to repair the hole left by the broken stud. Is there a better way to repair the problem? Thanks.

PICTURES PICTURES?????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????

jchance
06-22-2010, 09:43 AM
The boat is on lift 120 miles from here so no pictures currently. The side panel ih held on by 5 to 6 screws/bolts along the top of the panel, thru bolted into the fiberglass side of the boat. At least 1 of these had broken out of whatever the side panel is made and is completely loose. It looks like the others may be able to be tightened to hold it in place. What I need to know is how to get it completely out of the boat for a repair (removing the throttle lever) and what to use to glue the broken out fastener back into place.

jstreeter
07-19-2010, 09:29 PM
Mine had the same problem and the dealership used stainless washers to cover worn holes.

jchance
07-20-2010, 11:58 AM
Do you have any photos? Did it pull through the side of the boat or out of the trim panel? On mine, the bolts or studs turned loose from the panel and were just left through the hole in the side of the fiberglass. It looks like whatever glue they used simply released!

Also, what size hardware did they use and does it show from the outside of the panel? Thanks!