PDA

View Full Version : Fox River - St Charles, IL

YooperScott
06-21-2010, 11:44 AM
Been thinking of taking my boat home for a while after the 4th. Normally it stays 100% in Michigan and we go there a bunch in the summer and use it there only, but I would really like to try skiing in a course which I have only tried a couple of times a LONG time ago. In the western Chicago suburbs I know there at least used to be a course in St Charles, can anyone confirm it is still there? Also there is Ninovan Lake Estates in Minooka and would be the most convenient but that is private and I do not know anyone that lives there.

Any info on St Charles is appreciated (or other options if there are any). I believe there is a ramp just north and west of town. Is the river safe in that couple mile area from the ramp up to the course and back? I recall seeing the course a couple years ago when biking on the Fox River path and figure it is 2ish miles north of where the ramp is. Anyways any other info would be great, or if anyone needs an extra body sometime i'd help with gas and just bring my ski home instead of hauling the boat which would be nice.

Thanks,
Scott
'95 LT1 Prostar 190 - Stargazer is in the mail

PaulW
06-21-2010, 06:03 PM
Not sure on St Charles but I know that there is one up on the upper Fox River above the Mchenry dam. I never go in there with the Xstar since I heard it was shallow. Were are you located at?
Paul

YooperScott
06-22-2010, 11:16 AM
I live in Plainfield. Basically never have the boat home so that is why I am unfamiliar with the area. I do know there used to be a course in St Charles so I imagine it is still there?

Rockman
06-22-2010, 02:20 PM
YS,

PM sent to you...