PDA

View Full Version : Swim deck rattle

mramerman
06-16-2010, 01:27 PM
My swim deck rattles on my PS190. I am guessing the result of the brackets being bent from the stern being exposed to weather last Summer. There is a fair amount of play that wasn't there originally.

This is obviously annoying when sitting adrift. Causes some real 'banging' when the boat bobs in passing wake.

Does anyone have suggestions for a remedy?

Thanks in advance,

Napagary
06-16-2010, 01:33 PM
Just curious how the summer weather bent the brackets? Try alloymarine.com for replacement brackets if they're made of alum.

mramerman
06-16-2010, 01:48 PM
I had an unfortunate Summer moorage on Lake Sammamish in Washington. It was not very protected and too shallow to tie up with the bow exposed to the lake. The stern took a Southerly summer storm pretty hard. Lots of wave action directly on the swim deck.

Napagary
06-16-2010, 02:01 PM
Sorry to hear that. I'm assuming the brackets are of Alum? They may be difficult to straighten and make correct. Difficult to tell until you remove them - if they are straightened, then comes the problem of getting the platform mounting screw holes lined up again.
The link I sent on Alloy Marine might be your best shot - they're not too far away - Redding, CA. The down side there might be you'd also need to replace the transom mounting brackets - now it's getting to be a big job.
Do they still have boat races on Lake Sammamish?

Granite_33
06-16-2010, 02:05 PM
In order to find the remedy you are going to have to do some sleuth work.

Trailer it and start moving the platform around by hand, zero in on what has been broken loose. Other than that, its all guesswork.

Thrall
06-16-2010, 02:06 PM
Temp solution, but just wedge some door shims between the back of the deck bracket and the transom mount. Otherwise replace the parts if they're real worn.

06197ttlq9-footer
06-16-2010, 02:31 PM
Pin'em again....I mean find a stainless Bolt/Pin re-drill the aluminum Deck and Mount to snug it up. Use a drill and pin with very little tolerance.

mramerman
06-16-2010, 03:32 PM
Yes, the hydros still race on Lake Sammamish. Good times!