PDA

View Full Version : Need a good second prop for prostar 195

mythbrad
06-15-2010, 12:01 PM
Hey Everyone...

I am looking for a half-decent second prop for my 2000 prostar 195...the original is still on it and working fine...just want a second in case...talked with mastercraft and they say that the current replacement prop they are recommending for this boat is a 12.5 x 12 1" Keyed 1" shaft...any ideas?...
Kindly,
Brad

Thrall
06-15-2010, 04:54 PM
Assume that means it's a 1:1 trans. 12.5x12 must be a 4 blade prop or something. Std prop for a PS195 1:1 is 13x13 3 blade. Lots of them available, should be able to get one for a couple hundo.

east tx skier
06-15-2010, 05:16 PM
I'd suggest talking to both Eric at OJ and Bill Weeks at Acme about what they recommend for your boat and how you use it. Both of these brands of props are excellent. However, they are different in feel and performance. Both OJ and Acme have, in the past, been willing to offer their props with a money back guarantee sort of affair. Plenty of users of this forum have their brand preference, but the best answer, in my opinion, is to try both brands of CNC'd prop and go with the one that you like the best. These things do not sell for cheap. If you buy one based on word of mouth without trying out the other, you may always wonder what you are missing.

In other words, your backup prop is the one on your boat currently. You should really consider trying one of the CNC'd props available. They are much better performers than the old hand finished designs.