PDA

View Full Version : Need New Skins for 84 S&S

woodskier
06-29-2005, 12:21 PM
Looking for new skins for my 84 S&S. They are Grey with Blue trim. Had a set lined up at MC back in Dec. and now that I am ready to buy, they are no longer available. Any ideas? I would prefer to stay with MC originals, but am willing to consider custom skins, or MC skins from a leter year boat if they would fit.

Thanks in Advance.

ski_king
06-29-2005, 12:31 PM
According to this (http://www.tmcowners.com/index.php?page=con_parts) the skins should still be available.

I believe other than the colors, the seats were the same from 83 thru 86.

G-man
06-29-2005, 01:07 PM
If you go to a good local boat upholstry shop that can replicate what you have by using yours as a pattern. I have seen this done with great success.

woodskier
06-29-2005, 01:16 PM
Thanks, It must be the colors that are not available, because my local dealer just checked. Your boat looks great, what material was used?

ski_king
06-29-2005, 01:22 PM
I used a marine grade vinyl. Find a local upholstry shop, they will have lots of samples for you to choose from.
I paid about $2000 for everything in the boat including new carpet and a new cover.

Cloaked
06-29-2005, 10:40 PM
I used a marine grade vinyl. Find a local upholstry shop, they will have lots of samples for you to choose from.
I paid about $2000 for everything in the boat including new carpet and a new cover.After doing my carpet I was telling a buddy of mine about your $2K shopping spree. All-in-all, I think it's worth it for what you got and the value of one's time.... let alone sore knees from crawling on the carpet... LOL....You didn't miss a thing. :twocents: :popcorn: