PDA

View Full Version : 1996 prostar ignition wiring help please...

rebotherebound
06-15-2010, 09:07 AM
Can someone please help me wire a new ignition switch. The wires have all been disconnected and I do not know what color wire goes to which terminal. Its a 4 post terminal Batt, Acc, St. Ign.

There are 5 wires
red/white
purple
red
yellow/red
orange

Thank You

TMCNo1
06-15-2010, 10:37 AM
Maybe this may help for the switch part,

oldairboater
06-15-2010, 12:33 PM
I printed that the first time you posted it. Didn't help me when I first started working on the boat because I hadn't seen it here, but it may in the future. Sometimes a diagram saves hours of hunt and peck. I am usually carefully with wiring. Old tricks like making labels, writing down color and location, using a voltmeter,etc,etc,etc. This boat I bought last March had the ignition switch replaced and the guy that did it put the lights to the solenoid screw. Talking about messing with my head. Every time I hit the starter lights would blink in strange places if the switches were on but not work with the ignition on only. Lights dimming when you hit the starter is not new but not working after you let off of the starter is to me. I actually had to sit there for awhile and think that one out before figuring out where to start looking at first.