PDA

View Full Version : Does the US Coast Guard laugh at Whale Wars?

Maristar210
06-15-2010, 01:02 AM
These "Navigators" certainly must be the laughing stock of the mariner community. I laugh when I watch the show. I applaud the efforts but damn..... hire a real captain.....

Carbon Dreams
06-15-2010, 12:25 PM
I'm quietly wishing for a rogue wave incident. :D

Mr_Woodcock
06-15-2010, 01:04 PM
These "Navigators" certainly must be the laughing stock of the mariner community. I laugh when I watch the show. I applaud the efforts but damn..... hire a real captain.....

X2... Applaud the efforts but I continue to find myself laughing at the crews reality show

TX.X-30 fan
06-15-2010, 01:21 PM
I'm quietly wishing for a rogue wave incident. :D

Si.......................:D

cmw
06-15-2010, 01:25 PM
Wife and I saw the show for the first time last Friday. I hit record series so I can replay it when one of the ship goes down. Not sure why they spent all that money on the little boat, when it is obvious the ships need help. Seriously, I would hate to see something happen to people trying to do something worthwhile, but not sure they are going about things in a professional manner.

Skipper
06-15-2010, 10:02 PM
If those bozos came at me I would consider it hostile intent and it would be the end of the series, forever. Environmental terrorists. Total freaking retards. Misguided college kids following a dillusional physcopath into a pit of endless stupidity. I could go on and on but will probably draw the wrath of the mods.

Granite_33
06-16-2010, 12:09 PM
Though I commend that they are trying to do, their leader Watson is only too happy to send the useful idiots into the fray while he sits on his fat azz.

There was an episode last year where he "commanded" the idiots to board a Japanese vessel, and they all refused...I though the guy was going to have a coronary..........do as I say, not as I do.

bradamerry
06-16-2010, 12:42 PM
If those bozos came at me I would consider it hostile intent and it would be the end of the series, forever. Environmental terrorists. Total freaking retards. Misguided college kids following a dillusional physcopath into a pit of endless stupidity. I could go on and on but will probably draw the wrath of the mods.

THIS.................

TX.X-30 fan
06-16-2010, 06:16 PM

That Sir is poetry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Right-On......:D

TX.X-30 fan
06-16-2010, 06:17 PM
THIS.................

Great post too.................:confused::confused:

schmaltzy
06-16-2010, 11:39 PM
It's like watching a train wreck on water. I am constantly yelling for the wife "come here quick you gotta see this......"

slickwater1
06-17-2010, 10:56 AM
I watch the series every time it comes on. It is recorded on the tivo. but seriously, they are trying to make a difference, not the most informed people on the earth but they are really fighting for a great cause. I am an avid hunter and fisherman, I harvest lots of game every year for consumption. But if you knew the reproductive potential of a whale you would understand why they are protected. IF I was running the crew i would have already bought me a harpoon ship so that I would be on equal playing ground with the japs. This show is only a glimpse at some of the problems with international game laws and exactly how extreme some people are willing to interpret the law. my two cents

TX.X-30 fan
06-17-2010, 11:24 AM

Justjoe
06-17-2010, 11:42 AM
Yeah, well if those bozos came at me I would consider it hostile intent and it would be the end of the series, forever. Environmental terrorists. Total freaking retards. Misguided college kids following a dillusional physcopath into a pit of endless stupidity. I could go on and on but will probably draw the wrath of the mods.

cmw
06-17-2010, 01:44 PM
Yeah, well if those bozos came at me I would consider it hostile intent and it would be the end of the series, forever. Environmental terrorists. Total freaking retards. Misguided college kids following a dillusional physcopath into a pit of endless stupidity. I could go on and on but will probably draw the wrath of the mods.

Wow, that's a UNIQUE perspective.:D

Carbon Dreams
06-17-2010, 08:24 PM
It never ceases to amaze me how these whacko's would rather you die than whatever they pretend to protect. Terrorists are all they are.

atlfootr
06-24-2010, 10:31 AM
Say what you will, but at least their out there doing something about what they believe in.

Skipper
06-26-2010, 10:51 PM
Okay, I'll say that they are a bunch of screwball hippie terrorist freaks that seem to believe in putting their pathetic lives in jeapardy because some whacked out loser has somehow convinced them to follow his retarded self on a quest to display just far how insane hippie freaks with a cause can possibly go. They must all be stoned to not realize that their fearless leader is the dumbest son of a hippie on the planet.

willgeorge
06-27-2010, 01:31 AM
i saw the first season a while back.. i think its funny that they spend all day trying to chase and then hide from the whale catchers... basically a waste of tv... i guess them actually doing something interesting during the show would be too much to ask.

TOO-TALL
06-27-2010, 01:37 AM

Agree.......

Skipper
06-27-2010, 11:24 AM
Just checking to see if I have been banned yet? Still good, so far.

TX.X-30 fan
06-27-2010, 01:08 PM
Yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Whale steak with herbs

Ingredients (for 4 persons)

ca. 600 g whale beef in thin slices
1 1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
8-10 soup spoons finely chopped herbs (various)
butter (for the frying)
caviar (for decoration)
fried potatoes
green salad, small tomatoes

How to prepare

1) Mix pepper, salt and herbs and marinate the slices of meat in this mix just before frying

2) Fry the slices in butter in the pan; approximately 1 minute on each side

Decorate with caviar, serve with fried potatoes and salad.

TX.X-30 fan
06-28-2010, 01:35 PM
I figured Scot with his Inuit heritage would love this recipe.................