PDA

View Full Version : Lake Hamilton, Info?

Gofast
06-14-2010, 04:59 PM
Well looks like I will be going to Lake Hamilton July 9th weekend. Friends rented a house on the North of the lake.

What can I expect? Any good launch areas? This will mostly be a float and relax type weekend. They have never wakeboarded before, so I'm sure it will be find a place to drop anchor and swim.

I'm already planning on hitting Lake Quachita on Sunday before heading home.

Any adive will help.

Thanks Rob

H20BOY
06-14-2010, 08:58 PM
Hamilton is a very busy lake on the weekends. It is a party lake. There is a sand bar where several boats will congragate and several restaurants on the water that alot of people hang out around. One is Doe's. You will definitely not be disappointed with Ouachita. I will be on Ouachita that weekend. I live in Ft. Worth and keep my boat at Ouachita. It is worth the drive.

snork
06-15-2010, 09:26 PM
Plan on wake surfing any day after 8am. Nothing but boats and sea walls

Gofast
06-15-2010, 09:29 PM
What have I got into? Guess I need to buy a surfboard pretty quick or just hold out till I can get to Quachita.

Actually none of them have ever been out in a boat, so is there a good place to tie up and do the party cove type deal?

snork
06-15-2010, 09:43 PM
What have I got into? Guess I need to buy a surfboard pretty quick or just hold out till I can get to Quachita.

Actually none of them have ever been out in a boat, so is there a good place to tie up and do the party cove type deal?

Better go to Lake Ouachita, you will not regret it. Change your res. and try to book something at Mt. Harbor. in Joplin

airdrew99
06-26-2010, 12:44 AM
Lake Ouachita or Degray Lake are the main ones we would go to. Hamilton (like someone else said) is a big party lake. The only time we would ever go out on Hamilton was early, early morning (mainly mid week). On the east side of Hamilton (not all the way over to the dam), there is a ski cove that we used. We have a ski club on Degray lake. Lake Ouachita is very clear and the water doesn't get too hot like Hamilton and Degray does.

Drew

airdrew99
06-26-2010, 12:52 AM
On the south west side of Hamilton (by Emerald Isle condos) is the sand bar. Be careful going through there. A buddy of mine run aground on the sand bar. It was a bayliner, so no big loss.
A good place to launch is the fish hatcheries on the south side of the lake off hwy 7 (IIRC). You can also launch at a small ramp (but no parking area) on the road that runs beside the Ford dealership heading south.

Drew

carracer
06-26-2010, 10:36 AM
I would not be caught dead on hamilton, you have lost your mind even considering the option go to Quachita.

RMUDBUGS
06-26-2010, 10:49 PM
Went one time and never again! Pontoon boats everywhere and very ruff. Off topic but can you post a pic on how you have your big flag mounted. I wish someone made a flag pole to mount to a wakeboard tower that you could fly a 3' X 5' flag from. I used hose clamps to hold a short peice of PVC pipe to the tower and then slide the flag pole in it.

repeeples
06-27-2010, 12:16 AM
Our place is on the far east end of Hamilton. It is a really busy lake, mainly on holiday weekends. However, the lake is pretty quiet until about 1030 am and it calms down about an hour before dark.

The further south you go on the lake, the more likely you will be re-posting about how you mangled your prop.

If you wanna eat out on the water, try Sams Pizza.

This is not the best lake to put a slalom course on but it is fine for a casual weekend on the water IMHO.

I do agree with other posters though, Ouchita is much bigger and it is a little easier to find a little 'private' cove for skiing - only about 20 minutes away from Hamilton. Degray is the most underrated lake in Arkansas. It is almost never busy.

Gofast
06-27-2010, 09:35 PM
Went one time and never again! Pontoon boats everywhere and very ruff. Off topic but can you post a pic on how you have your big flag mounted. I wish someone made a flag pole to mount to a wakeboard tower that you could fly a 3' X 5' flag from. I used hose clamps to hold a short peice of PVC pipe to the tower and then slide the flag pole in it.

Best pic I have of the flaf pole holder. I had the tower custom made about 4 years ago. I wanted the holder built in to the tower. They messed up and put the holder on the side angled back, when I picked it up, I had them tig weld another tube to the front cross section. It looks factory.

When we were looking at new boats this spring, the flag holder was a deal breaker. No flag holder no boat sell. I dealer was going to have a tube section fabbed with connectors like wake board or surf racks so we could attach the hiolder to the tower.

We meet lots of friends and family at the lake, different lakes all the time. So we added the flag so it would be easier for them to find us.

Thanks Rob

RMUDBUGS
06-27-2010, 11:52 PM
It looks great. I will try to get some pics of mine over the 4th.

etduc
06-28-2010, 09:32 AM

I suggest one of these, or several. 8p

Gofast
06-28-2010, 03:05 PM
You sir are the best! We shall enjoy many of those while we float around the ol walmart anchor.

( for those that missed the outing to Broken Bow..etduc makes a great Bloody Mary, and I use a 30lb dumbell from walmart for an anchor )

Rob

h2oski
06-28-2010, 11:21 PM
Liquid force Bro Stock is @ Bull Shoals with a $25,000 purse. it will be huge look it up July 9th through the 11th!!!

etduc
07-06-2010, 10:27 AM
Hey Rob,

Couple of resturant recommendations:

Angels -600 Central, Hot Springs (Nice resturant, italian some seafood)

Angels in the Park (same owner, located in the Park Hotel (very old hotel)) reservations
is required, because it is very small! Angels@parkhotelhotsprings.com

La Hacienda, 3836 Central Ave., very good mexican and texmex.

Lots of good eatin' in Hot Springs.